Thread: The 2019 MLB Prospect Callups Thread

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WCTYSON View Post
    Exciting player for the Brewers for sure and fun to watch play but it certainly would have been an uphill battle for him with the likes of Alonso, Tatis Jr., and Soroka in the mix.
    Yeah, I think Alonso has got ROY on lock if he hits 40+...voters just love rookies who can hit 40 home runs. It's like a fetish to them.

Even if a Saber-God toolsy shortstop is having just as good of a season (or better).
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> https://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

cardboardconglomerate
     jaypers413
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Patrick Weigel added. His first call.

[MENTION=12878]death2redemptions[/MENTION] [MENTION=1720]cgilmo[/MENTION]
    J.P.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
    Yeah, I think Alonso has got ROY on lock if he hits 40+...voters just love rookies who can hit 40 home runs. It's like a fetish to them.

Even if a Saber-God toolsy shortstop is having just as good of a season (or better).
    If Tatis goes on a tear and got 30/25 while keeping the average over .320 I think it'll be a closer race than people think, even if Alonso does hit 40+.
    I PC Jeff Frye, Ozzie Smith, Jeff Bagwell, and Matt Holiday. Working on 2006-2018 Allen & Ginter sets
    https://jefffryecollection.wordpress.com - My collection website with galleries and want lists

cardboardconglomerate
     jaypers413
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Luis Urias recalled.
    J.P.

cardboardconglomerate
     jaypers413
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaypers View Post
    Luis Urias recalled.
    And he's not the only Padre to get the call tonight.

Dennis Lin @dennistlin
    Adrian Morejon will join Luis Urķas in Chicago tomorrow, sources tell The Athletic. Morejon, who has thrown seven consecutive hitless innings in Double A, will work out of the bullpen.
    J.P.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Michel Baez is on his way too per MLBTR.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    R.I.P. Harmon Clayton Killebrew June 29, 1936-May 17, 2011 You will surely be missed!

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaypers View Post
    Patrick Weigel added. His first call.

[MENTION=12878]death2redemptions[/MENTION] [MENTION=1720]cgilmo[/MENTION]
    Oh sweet! Still got my stash too...

Quote Originally Posted by WizardofOz1982 View Post
    If Tatis goes on a tear and got 30/25 while keeping the average over .320 I think it'll be a closer race than people think, even if Alonso does hit 40+.
    I know it's too early to get an idea of what Tatis Jr's median BABIP will look like on an annual basis but his current .431 BABIP is an impossibility to sustain for the remainder of the season (or at all, as nobody can sustain a BABIP over .400) so his avg will most assuredly take a dive at some point this season when his luck let's up. Factor in his strikeout rate, which has pretty much been 1 per every 3 at-bats (30.6% per plate appearance) and I find it difficult that he'll be able to maintain a .300+ avg this year. I do however find it possible that he could put up a 30/25 season (I was thinking more along the lines of a 25/25 season but 15 home runs in 62 games does put him on pace for 30 so I find it believable).

But sure, I'd agree that if he were able to put up 30+ home runs, 25+ stolen bases and simply an average over .300 that he'd make the race very, very close. I'd personally find him to be way more deserving than a first baseman four years older than him who hits 40+ home runs. In fact, I *almost* already do...but I don't believe the voters do, at least not according to mlb.com's latest ROY ballot (not that it means anything).

And just in general I believe you're right, this race may end up being closer than I first assumed. I think Alonso and Tatis will be battling it out for 1st while Soroka tries to defend 3rd place from rookies like Paddack.
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> https://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
    I know it's too early to get an idea of what Tatis Jr's median BABIP will look like on an annual basis but his current .431 BABIP is an impossibility to sustain for the remainder of the season (or at all, as nobody can sustain a BABIP over .400) so his avg will most assuredly take a dive at some point this season when his luck let's up. Factor in his strikeout rate, which has pretty much been 1 per every 3 at-bats (30.6% per plate appearance) and I find it difficult that he'll be able to maintain a .300+ avg this year. I do however find it possible that he could put up a 30/25 season (I was thinking more along the lines of a 25/25 season but 15 home runs in 62 games does put him on pace for 30 so I find it believable).

But sure, I'd agree that if he were able to put up 30+ home runs, 25+ stolen bases and simply an average over .300 that he'd make the race very, very close. I'd personally find him to be way more deserving than a first baseman four years older than him who hits 40+ home runs. In fact, I *almost* already do...but I don't believe the voters do, at least not according to mlb.com's latest ROY ballot (not that it means anything).

And just in general I believe you're right, this race may end up being closer than I first assumed. I think Alonso and Tatis will be battling it out for 1st while Soroka tries to defend 3rd place from rookies like Paddack.
    The BABIP is nuts you're right. If he runs a .360 BABIP though which isn't crazy given the batted ball profile and his speed he's still going to be a .290-300 hitter most years and he has enough hits stashed this year already to stay well above .300 unless he just absolutely craters.
    I PC Jeff Frye, Ozzie Smith, Jeff Bagwell, and Matt Holiday. Working on 2006-2018 Allen & Ginter sets
    https://jefffryecollection.wordpress.com - My collection website with galleries and want lists

cardboardconglomerate
     jaypers413
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Dillon Tate added.
    J.P.

cardboardconglomerate
     jaypers413
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Shi Davidi @ShiDavidi
    Bo Bichette is indeed coming up to join #BlueJays, per source.
    J.P.

cardboardconglomerate
     jaypers413
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bryan Abreu (Astros)

Sent from my moto z3 using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    J.P.

cardboardconglomerate
     jaypers413
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Trent Grisham added.
    J.P.

cardboardconglomerate
     jaypers413
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Jeff Passan @JeffPassan
    The Dodgers didn’t make a big move at the trade deadline, but they’ve got reinforcements coming: Dustin May, their top pitching prospect, will make his major league debut Friday, sources tell ESPN. May, 21, is nicknamed Gingergaard: his long hair is red, his stuff is like Thor’s.
    J.P.

rwongdestiny
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mariners called Zac Grotz up yesterday. I saw him last week

rwongdestiny
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)