MLB Players of the Week:

AL - DJ LeMahieu

NL - Scherzer

zc3009
    Mentioned
    345 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought this was a neat little stat. I like to glance at the bWAR leaderboards from time to time since their site is pretty easy to navigate. Trout is now 2nd among active players in bWAR at 70.1. Pujols is the only one in front of him at 100.1. And Trout is now in the top 100 for career bWAR at 98th.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anybody else pumped for the HR Derby too? Iím tuning in and I think all the players have a legitimate shot at winning, except for Santana, though I wouldnít be mad as Iíve always liked him. Iíll say Vladimir Jr. vs. Pete Alonso for the final with Pete pulling out the victory. Could be crazy, if Acuna puts on a show too.

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WCTYSON View Post
    Anybody else pumped for the HR Derby too? I’m tuning in and I think all the players have a legitimate shot at winning, except for Santana, though I wouldn’t be mad as I’ve always liked him. I’ll say Vladimir Jr. vs. Pete Alonso for the final with Pete pulling out the victory. Could be crazy, if Acuna puts on a show too.
    Personally I don't think Vladdy has what it takes yet. Maybe in a few years...

Josh Bell's left-handed pull power plays well at Progressive Field so me thinks he's gonna surprise some folks. With that 19 ft. wall in left field I think being left-handed gives him a slight advantage.

Although I wouldn't be much of a Braves fan if I didn't root for Acuna when the two face off in their bracket.
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> https://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ďBasically it doesnít matter how much jelly you have in the jar, itís about how well you spread it on your English muffin.Ē

Pete Alonso

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ronald Acuna has the most 450+ ft home runs in the majors at 5. Nobody else has more than three.
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> https://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
    Ronald Acuna has the most 450+ ft home runs in the majors at 5. Nobody else has more than three.
    Now thatís spreading a lot on the muffin.

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whoa....Joc Pederson

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vlad Jr. time!

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh my, how I've forgotten Guerrero's raw power! Bunch of 470's in there

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kid has got quite the launch angle on his swings

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reminds me of Prince Fielder in his prime

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well when you're wrong, you're wrong....hats off to the kid! Dude crushed 'em with nuclear power

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Easy opposite field power from Acuna

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guerrero has that crazy pull power, sure....but Acuna hit 'em to all parts of the field

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast