Thread: 2019 MLB: The Happening

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HR #8 for Riley on his 62nd career major league at-bat

That a HR every 7.8 at-bats. Reminds me of Trevor Story's hot start a couple years back

Quote Originally Posted by WCTYSON View Post
    Never been to an All-Star weekend either but if given the chance near my current hometown, I'd jump on it. Get those tickets son.
    I'll need to find out when they go on sale first.
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> https://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently Austin Riley is one of only four players to hit 8 home runs in their first 16 games. Rhys Hoskins actually has 9 in his first 16 games while Carlos Delgado, Austin Riley and Trevor Story are 8:16.

https://www.mlb.com/news/austin-rile...er-in-16-games

Sort of an arbitrary "historic" accomplishment but I'll take anything that brings attention to this youth movement in Atlanta
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> https://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Players of the Month:

AL - Devers - .351, 8 HR, 24 RBI & 1.021 OPS

NL - Bell - .390, 12 HR, 31 RBI & 1.238 OPS
    "...it just sounded to me like he felt like he did not do it."

zc3009
    Mentioned
    345 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I promise I'll do better. Do you think their success is sustainable? Division lead too large for the Indians or the White Sox to overcome?

Never been to an All-Star weekend either but if given the chance near my current hometown, I'd jump on it. Get those tickets son.
    If the pitching is able to sustain the success they've shown early in the season, I think the Twins run away with the division. I'm not as concerned about the offense keeping pace, but the pitching is the biggest thing that worries me. Perez showed he's capable of bad outings in his start against the Rays, and then the bullpen tried to giveaway the game yesterday. Odorizzi has been pitching really well lately. Berrios, the one that everybody expected to be the ace and contend for the Cy Young award has been very inconsistent in his last few starts.

It was nice to see them take 3 of 4 from the Rays over the weekend. Got off to a rocky start though with Perez's worst outing as a starter this year

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Braves are just a half game behind the Phillies?!?

Phils must be slumping

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anthony Rendon is so underrated.......that is all.

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make that 9 home runs in 71 at-bats for Austin Riley! And it was a big one this time...3-run jack to cement a comeback for the Braves

Dude seems to hit one roughly every 8 at-bats at an even pace.

Freeman-Donaldson-Riley are the home run heroes in tonight's game

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Riley was obviously the NL Rookie of the Month...but that came as no surprise.

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sources stated that the Yankees were the favorites to sign Keuchel this morning....now it's the Braves. Who will be the next favorites to sign Keuchel a few hours from now?

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
    Sources stated that the Yankees were the favorites to sign Keuchel this morning....now it's the Braves. Who will be the next favorites to sign Keuchel a few hours from now?
    I'll go with the Braves signing him.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, so late on this.

Players of the Week:

AL - Giolito

NL - Story

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll go with the Braves signing him.
    Wish we got him for longer than half a season but with the way Folty and Gausman are pitching I'll take whatever we can get from him.

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Acuna grand slam!

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Players of the Week:

AL - Semien

NL - Bruce

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The baby BOOMSTICK Braves are the talk of the town and nobody wants to face this freak show of sluggers in June! Averaging nearly 7.5 runs per game and when they fall behind in games that's when the BEAST is awoken and they go into comeback kids MODE!!!

All offseason it was Phillies, Phillies, Phillies when conversations turned to the NL East. Bryce Harper was going to smash 50+ home runs after receiving his record breaking contract! They were the team to beat.....so they said. #FAKENEWS

We are now just about to the halfway mark of the season and at 78 games the Braves own a 46-32 record; 2nd best in the NL but more importantly they lead the division with a 6.5 game lead over the Phillies.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast