Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2019 MLB: The Happening

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
I saw the Arenado pick for player of the week a mile away but truthfully I didn't even realize that Kepler had the week that he did. I'm embarrassed to admit I haven't been paying much attention to the Twins, which has long been my favorite team in the AL Central.

You should definitely pay more attention this year :lol: But they have been really fun to watch with them averaging nearly 2 HRs/game so far this season, including 2 games of 8 HRs, and multiple games of 5 HRs (two of which I was able to see in person)

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
I saw the Arenado pick for player of the week a mile away but truthfully I didn't even realize that Kepler had the week that he did. I'm embarrassed to admit I haven't been paying much attention to the Twins, which has long been my favorite team in the AL Central.

Neither did I. In fact, while I follow their box score and occasionally tune in to watch so I can see how my players are doing (and I sorta inherited them as my AL team since I have family living in MN) I had no idea Kepler was playing as well as he has been this season.

Also, were you aware that none other than Eddie Rosario was leading (tied) the league in home runs (and RBI's, not that I follow that stat)? He's on my fantasy team and I wasn't even aware of that. I think it's cuz I pay more attention to the NL and we've got Bellinger & Yelich with over 20 so I figured Springer, Trout, Betts, etc. would have a similar number albeit Springer is tied for the lead league as well.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Braves may be down 14-4 tonight....which blows...but all four of those runs have come via an Austin Riley grand slam...which is pretty cool!

7 home runs in the first 55 at-bats of his career. I'm really kicking myself now for offloading my collection too early.

.364 avg 7 HR 20 RBI 1.179 OPS

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
You should definitely pay more attention this year :lol: But they have been really fun to watch with them averaging nearly 2 HRs/game so far this season, including 2 games of 8 HRs, and multiple games of 5 HRs (two of which I was able to see in person)

I promise I'll do better. :oops: Do you think their success is sustainable? Division lead too large for the Indians or the White Sox to overcome?

Oh hell yeah!!!! Suntrust Park will be hosting the 2021 All-Star game!

Man, I'd love to get my hands on some tickets for that game. I don't particularly care for the All-Star game one way or the other but it would be a trip to get to see it live!

Never been to an All-Star weekend either but if given the chance near my current hometown, I'd jump on it. Get those tickets son.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Apparently Austin Riley is one of only four players to hit 8 home runs in their first 16 games. Rhys Hoskins actually has 9 in his first 16 games while Carlos Delgado, Austin Riley and Trevor Story are 8:16.

https://www.mlb.com/news/austin-riley-hits-eighth-homer-in-16-games

Sort of an arbitrary "historic" accomplishment but I'll take anything that brings attention to this youth movement in Atlanta

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Players of the Month:

AL - Devers - .351, 8 HR, 24 RBI & 1.021 OPS

NL - Bell - .390, 12 HR, 31 RBI & 1.238 OPS

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
I promise I'll do better. :oops: Do you think their success is sustainable? Division lead too large for the Indians or the White Sox to overcome?

Never been to an All-Star weekend either but if given the chance near my current hometown, I'd jump on it. Get those tickets son.

If the pitching is able to sustain the success they've shown early in the season, I think the Twins run away with the division. I'm not as concerned about the offense keeping pace, but the pitching is the biggest thing that worries me. Perez showed he's capable of bad outings in his start against the Rays, and then the bullpen tried to giveaway the game yesterday. Odorizzi has been pitching really well lately. Berrios, the one that everybody expected to be the ace and contend for the Cy Young award has been very inconsistent in his last few starts.

It was nice to see them take 3 of 4 from the Rays over the weekend. Got off to a rocky start though with Perez's worst outing as a starter this year

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Make that 9 home runs in 71 at-bats for Austin Riley! And it was a big one this time...3-run jack to cement a comeback for the Braves

Dude seems to hit one roughly every 8 at-bats at an even pace.

Freeman-Donaldson-Riley are the home run heroes in tonight's game

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Sorry, so late on this.

Players of the Week:

AL - Giolito

NL - Story

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The baby BOOMSTICK Braves are the talk of the town and nobody wants to face this freak show of sluggers in June! Averaging nearly 7.5 runs per game and when they fall behind in games that's when the BEAST is awoken and they go into comeback kids MODE!!!

All offseason it was Phillies, Phillies, Phillies when conversations turned to the NL East. Bryce Harper was going to smash 50+ home runs after receiving his record breaking contract! They were the team to beat.....so they said. #FAKENEWS

We are now just about to the halfway mark of the season and at 78 games the Braves own a 46-32 record; 2nd best in the NL but more importantly they lead the division with a 6.5 game lead over the Phillies.

Members online