User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Manage your company like a hungry launch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Manage your company like a hungry launch

FedEx consists of several divisions. The most significant division and market leader in its segment is the FedEx Express division. FedEx Express is the number one mobile operator in the world. FedEx Express provides three and a half million packages every day to two hundred and twenty countries.
    FedEx consists of several divisions. The most significant division and market leader in its segment is the FedEx Express division. FedEx Express is the number one mobile operator in the world. FedEx Express provides three and a half million packages every day to two hundred and twenty countries. FedEx owns a fleet of six hundred and ninety planes and fifty thousand cars and trailers.

Retail stores and emirates cooperative society offers document and business services. These outlets also function as nodes for other FedEx divisions.

It would be difficult, if not impossible, for the company to start a new shipping business today, and suddenly it will be able to replace what FedEx has been improving for forty years. Where UPS, DHL and other companies are lagging behind growth opportunities, the competitive advantage lies in the fact that they cannot distinguish customer service as their top priority - as the most important business strategy. Consequently, although it may be possible to launch a new shipping company, it would be difficult to beat the “purple promise” and how FedEx manages to continue to delight customers. In 2015, Fortune magazine named FedEx one of the fifteen most exciting companies in the world. FedEx earned number twelve, because company management still makes customer priority and excellent customer service.

In fact, FedEx operates as a company whose business priority provides excellent customer service. The company claims that excellent customer service is a business strategy. Every FedEx employee and operations strategies he uses are developed and implemented with excellent customer service as a goal.

FedEx was founded by Frederick Smith, its current CEO 40 years ago. What made FedEx a great success is their ability to constantly reinvent themselves to meet changing times and keep up with the demands of their customers. What made FedEx prosperous is the indisputable purple promise, above all, innovation in the technological infrastructure and the constant involvement of people in every component of the company's operations.

Unlike other companies that have recently begun and cannot be burdened with brick and mortar operations, FedEx began at a time when they needed more than just office space and a warehouse; but it is also necessary to acquire and maintain a fleet of vehicles, such as trucks. The best practices and lessons to be learned from this company are how they used innovation and technology to transform a component of their operations into an e-commerce framework.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm so proud of you ! Where do you find these pieces of fascinating bits of useless (anal) information ?
    Thank you Ralph.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well color me inspired. I'm gonna start managing MY company like a hungry launch starting right the heck now!
    Collecting Roberto Alomar. Over 4000 unique cards, but always looking for those I'm missing!

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by banjar View Post
    Well color me inspired. I'm gonna start managing MY company like a hungry launch starting right the heck now!
    Yeah man you need to up your game... I hear you're only the 3rd hungriest launch in Nigeria!

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By the way, my favorite line in the whole thing is:

Quote Originally Posted by umairaslam1211 View Post
    FedEx began at a time when they needed more than just office space and a warehouse; but it is also necessary to acquire and maintain a fleet of vehicles, such as trucks.

LOL

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Laugh all you want, but I'm all in baby. I started treating my company like a hungry launch this morning. It's only 8:45 and I am already witnessing amazing results. The efficiency at which I am leveraging my synergies and developing robust solutions, all while maximizing stakeholder engagement, is generating tremendous buzz in these parts. My blog is going viral, and my twitter memes are about to break the internet. Even my score on Hot or Not has skyrocketed. Behold, I am now an Influencer.

Quote Originally Posted by JVHaste View Post
    Yeah man you need to up your game... I hear you're only the 3rd hungriest launch in Nigeria!
    Collecting Roberto Alomar. Over 4000 unique cards, but always looking for those I'm missing!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's 9:43am and I'm just having breakfast !
    Thank you Ralph.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get it together man. You will never catch me if you continue to lollygag like this. Get hungry!

Quote Originally Posted by finestkind View Post
    It's 9:43am and I'm just having breakfast !

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At my age, and in my condition. I don't think there's to much I can catch.
    Thank you Ralph.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watch it ! umairaslam1211 is into "Girls trouser design.
    Thank you Ralph.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hahaha. Hungry launches and girls trouser design. I think this thread is going off the rails!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So in all seriousness, what this OP is doing is actually common enough that is has a name: "Forum Marketing". You sign up for as many forums relevant to your business as possible, in order to generate interest in whatever you are doing to make a buck.

Two keys to forum marketing are a) finding forums relevant to your business, and b) adding original content and answering questions so that forums users start to trust and respect you. Then you can get down to the real business of selling your sh!t to these forum members who trust and respect you. It's pretty low on the list of the world's problems, but in my view it's also generally pretty weak and shameless, and slightly dubious. Forums are created by people interested in something, for the benefit of other people interested in that something. That's the objective. It's one of the oldest, and best, uses of the internet. (Aside: while writing this rant I started reminiscing about the good old days with newsgroups like "alt.beer" in the early 90's. Mmmm, beer). However your objective as a forum marketer is not being an engaged member of the forum, or contributing to the discussion of the subject at hand, or anything like this. Your objective is to cultivate customers from among forum users, and sell them your sh!t.

So what is the marketing objective of our friend from UAE? He lists his "business" as being an "Expert in SEO with more than 2 years of experience". I'll let that sink in for a second...

...and we're back. So what is SEO? Search Engine Optimization. Which is a "profession" centered around gaming the search procedures of sites like google so that your website appears at the top of user searches as often as possible. OK I guess this is one of those 21st century "jobs" or whatever. But here's a guy going on about FedEx and Russian flower suppliers on a board about sports cards (No kidding, that's what FCB is. That "C" in the name even stands for "Card"!). So I'm gonna hire this guy? To optimize my website to increase its ranking in searches about my business area? Probably not.

Actually, this practice is so common that lazier and/or seedier companies will even use bots to endlessly spam message boards about their sh!t. Considering that the homepage of this "SEO expert" is actually a friggin' UAE rental car site, he/she/it could well be a piece of software running on somebody's server rack somewhere.

So [MENTION=1720]cgilmo[/MENTION] or [MENTION=2141]blanning71[/MENTION] or any other moderator - could you kindly ban this user? Like I say forum marketing is mostly a harmless activity, but I for one like this forum a lot and annoying crap like umarislam45243213 or whatever kind of cheapens the site. Thanks!
    Last edited by banjar; 03-30-2019 at 06:41 AM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a spot-on description of forum marketing. Or viewed another way, a spot-on piece of unintentional social satire. it's a nice neat 12-step how-to guide for the budding forum marketer!

https://www.thebalancesmb.com/succes...keting-2531792

A few of the sleazier quotes:

"Forum marketing is a high ROI strategy because making a good impression in front of this savvy and influential audience can help your marketing message spread far and wide."

"A good headshot of yourself or cute pictures of your kids or pets make the best avatars."

Hear that, [MENTION=2375]finestkind[/MENTION] ? Opus and Bill will not maximize your ROI or satisfy the hunger of your launch.

"Your introductory post should include a brief description of your expertise and an explanation of why you joined the forum. Let the other users know that your main goal is to contribute to and learn from the community. Do not make any marketing pitches in your first post. If you try to sell anything in your first post you will very likely get banned."

If this is not a textbook definition of unethical business practice, then what is? Then, without a hint of irony, the write adds this nugget: "Remember it's all about joining the community, being helpful, and adding value."

"When you hire a social media marketing manager, make sure they understand that you will only accept ethical marketing practices that will enhance your image."

Uh, are ethics important or are they not?

"Leave out your sales pitch at the beginning. Any hint of bias in your initial posts will erase all your hard work. By keeping your answers objective, the entire community will start thinking of you as a trusted expert. They will soon start asking you for your recommendations. When you get direct inquiries for recommendations you may then safely mention your business without appearing biased."
    "Once you have the respect of the users you can start more aggressive marketing campaigns."

Or "how to become an effective and trusted liar", by noted online author Gregory Go. Thanks Greg!
    Last edited by banjar; 03-30-2019 at 07:03 AM.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok [MENTION=12279]banjar[/MENTION], I'm taking notes.

I went from a Hungry Launch to a SEO to a girls trouser expert back to a SFO based on making shtty fake friendships (I guess that would make it a SFFO) to sell something.

What should I sell though guys? ? It seems like the FedEx truck business is hard to break into (due to a TM by some odd company named FedEx) and the turbin business doesn't have enough robust yields via dynamic synergies.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think they wear turbins or turbans (which ever way you spell it) in UAE. I do know a lot of men wear man dresses in UAE.

Top of the day to ya banjar.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16cb25218a75e59d55d9c48713d71dc2.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	87954
    Last edited by finestkind; 03-31-2019 at 12:54 AM.
    Thank you Ralph.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast