Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

d2r's official 2019 Atlanta Braves compulsive posting team chat thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Soroka reminds me so much of watching Maddux in the 90's...his ability to paint the corners by getting that outside pitch to move back into the strike zone at the last moment and of course the pinpoint command and pitch efficiency. Kid is gonna be a star

8 IP, 2 H, 1 ER, 0 BB, 7 K

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
I need to be posting in here more often, after all we have a 2.5 game lead over the Phillies and 2nd best record in the NL!

I think we've quite possibly got up to 5 All-Stars (Freeman, Acuna, Albies, Swanson, Soroka) on this team but at the very least, 3 who should be considered shoe-ins at this point (Freeman, Acuna, Soroka). I left Austin Riley's name out because in my opinion he's got too few at-bats to really qualify.

The cream of the crop (potential MVP candidates)....
Acuna - .296 avg 16 HR 47 RBI .882 OPS 9 SB (2.8 WAR)
Freeman - .311 avg 19 HR 51 RBI .993 OPS 1 SB (2.7 WAR)

And hey, Josh Donaldson is finally heating up so we may have another qualifier in a week or two! He's now hit a home run in 3 straight games....in fact, it seems like everyone on this team is hitting the long ball at the moment!

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Acuna hits another leadoff home run tonight, his 17th of the season in 72 games

Our offense has been on fire these last couple weeks...Braves are 12-3 in June and all but one of those losses were due to the bullpen blowing it late in the game.

How about a long ball right here Donaldson?

Members online