29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s been such a while. I think I got them at target in 04
    Will sell/trade soul for Washington Capitals/Atlanta Braves cards
    https://s1376.photobucket.com/user/nmusicp/library/

Current white whale:
    2014-15 Artifacts Stick to Stick Duos Alexander Ovechkin/Nicklas Backstrom

Looking for 18/19 SP Game Used Net Cords and 18/19 Upper Deck Day with the cup inserts

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just like 04, JUNK!

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate most of these online-only gimmick products from Topps but this sounds like an especially bad idea.

I know plenty of collectors who would still buy wax of a low-end product that gives you no shot at pulling autograph, relics, super rare inserts, etc. but I don't know a singles collector who would buy such a product when it costs a dollar per card
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> https://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doerrcollector View Post
    What I canít figure out is how the parallels are going to be inserted? Take a look at the top of the checklist...
    I would imagine the same card number as the base and the parallel will at least be number stamped (and maybe have a slightly different color scheme than the bases ones, too, so you don't have to rely only on the serial number stamping).

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chippernate View Post
    Found em:

Attachment 88292

Attachment 88293

Card number and then right below has the team abbreviation and number in the set. Been so long though I donít remember if the base set had that as well.

Ok - I was thinking of 2002 - I think they issued the factory issues in 04 and 05, but not 02 and 03.
    Finish your sets! Check my sportlots inventory. 350,000 cards listed!
    Shipping capped at $3.00 for any order in the United States
    I'm letting my Football and Hockey collections go - I've lowered prices almost all of my football and hockey cards on sportlots. Mostly inserts, SPs and premium cards - take a look!

https://www.sportlots.com/dealers/?dealer=tribe426

nmusicp1
     @nmusicp
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea misspoke, been so long since I looked at them haha
    Will sell/trade soul for Washington Capitals/Atlanta Braves cards
    https://s1376.photobucket.com/user/nmusicp/library/

Current white whale:
    2014-15 Artifacts Stick to Stick Duos Alexander Ovechkin/Nicklas Backstrom

Looking for 18/19 SP Game Used Net Cords and 18/19 Upper Deck Day with the cup inserts

raddison1972
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I realize everyone poo-poo'd this set on this thread, I thought I'd share some info. I grabbed a 10 pack lot from wave 3 because I was interested to see what these cards looked like. I really liked the card stock and surface, reminded me of the old Tiffany cards, which I think this was intended to be a linage of, but I'm no expert on keeping up with everything Topps does. The fact they've had Topps Total for over a decade before I noticed should be an indication on my collecting habits and probably because of a lack of a local card shop I guess. If I'm lucky, I might get to one card show a year.

Anyways, Out of the 10 packs, I got a gold 1/1, a black x/5 and a red x/10. Need some time to collate, but I did get a few doubles which means I didn't pull the full wave 3 set of 100 cards. I did get the Pete Alonso and Alex Bregman I was hoping to get though. Maybe I was lucky on my small sample size, but I was impressed enough with the base cards and chance at the more rare color cards to order another 10 packs from wave 4. It does have Eloy and Hunter Pence on the checklist, so that helped my decision. Call me crazy, but I like the plainness of these cards coupled with the Tiffany card stock shiny feel.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, reading back to the original post, can we assume you paid $100ish for the 10 packs? If so, do you feel as though you got good value for your packs? That is really what it comes down to.

If the average pack opener is not flipping, prospecting or set building, I think many people have figured out in the long run in just pays to buy the singles you want when it comes to pricy issues. But if you have the rip "sickness" or don't mind the excess bulk in your collection, then opening packs is probably still the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by raddison1972 View Post
    While I realize everyone poo-poo'd this set on this thread, I thought I'd share some info. I grabbed a 10 pack lot from wave 3 because I was interested to see what these cards looked like. I really liked the card stock and surface, reminded me of the old Tiffany cards, which I think this was intended to be a linage of, but I'm no expert on keeping up with everything Topps does. The fact they've had Topps Total for over a decade before I noticed should be an indication on my collecting habits and probably because of a lack of a local card shop I guess. If I'm lucky, I might get to one card show a year.

Anyways, Out of the 10 packs, I got a gold 1/1, a black x/5 and a red x/10. Need some time to collate, but I did get a few doubles which means I didn't pull the full wave 3 set of 100 cards. I did get the Pete Alonso and Alex Bregman I was hoping to get though. Maybe I was lucky on my small sample size, but I was impressed enough with the base cards and chance at the more rare color cards to order another 10 packs from wave 4. It does have Eloy and Hunter Pence on the checklist, so that helped my decision. Call me crazy, but I like the plainness of these cards coupled with the Tiffany card stock shiny feel.

raddison1972
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmopar View Post
    So, reading back to the original post, can we assume you paid $100ish for the 10 packs? If so, do you feel as though you got good value for your packs? That is really what it comes down to.

If the average pack opener is not flipping, prospecting or set building, I think many people have figured out in the long run in just pays to buy the singles you want when it comes to pricy issues. But if you have the rip "sickness" or don't mind the excess bulk in your collection, then opening packs is probably still the way to go.

It was $90 for 10 packs. I don't think that's pricey, but then again we all have opinions, budgets and paychecks and sure they're all different. Just wanted to share my opinion about the issue from an average pack opening collector. By the way, the 1/1 Alonso is currently on the bay for $200 with 5 days left. So, if you look at the checklist of each wave you can definitely prospect if that's your thing. I don't prospect but typically trade, sell or give away anything I don't collect...gotta manage that "excess bulk" or it can get out of hand!

AstrosAtoZ
     AstrosAtoZ
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will Harris is in this wave, so if any of you get any parallels, I am your man!

arturohillo
     arturohillo
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone know if Wave 4 has shipped? Thanks
    Edgar Gonzalez Collection: - the 1/1's: 108/111 (97.3%) Have 12 1/1s out of 29
    Jorge Cantu Collection: 487 / 688 (70.78%), 58 1/1s (14 non plates)
    - the 1/1's: 429/443 (96.84%)
    Total Mexican Collection: 4,326
    Mexican autographs: 129/130 and on baseballs 118/130

AstrosAtoZ
     AstrosAtoZ
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The group buy for the Team Collectors has not shipped yet.

piledriver1
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After this thread was bumped, I started looking for them on ebay. Was close to buying sets, but the seller I was going to use was offline. Now a week later I realize I hadn't even thought about these cards in the interval, and I'm glad I didn't buy them. I still would like to have a complete set, but I don't WANT them. Collectoritis under control. Keeping my eyes on the prize, saving money for National.
    Looking for 2011 Topps Marquee Museum autographs, rare Frank Thomases, and any Grady Sizemores I don't have

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12