Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best card designs for base product

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewer Andy View Post
    Two things

Unpopular opinion: 87 Topps was a rehash of 62 Topps and nowadays we complain all the time about Topps making an endless avalanche of throwback crap. 87 Donruss and Fleer are tied for the pinnacle of card design. Honorary mentions for 89 UD changing the game, 2002 Fleer Maximum, 98/99 Gold Label, and Topps Tribute base cards (2011-2014)

Also, I refuse to believe anyone liked 1992 Bowman. Im still surprised the Bowman reboot ever got to where it is today considering the absolute garbage they started with the first 5 years

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    From what I remember reading in a 1992 card magazine, Topps said that if 1992 isn't a hit with all the upgrades they added, then the Bowman line will be cancelled.

And I assume at first they thought it wasn't coming back as the orders were light which led to how how it became.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBCgalaxee View Post
    From what I remember reading in a 1992 card magazine, Topps said that if 1992 isn't a hit with all the upgrades they added, then the Bowman line will be cancelled.

And I assume at first they thought it wasn't coming back as the orders were light which led to how how it became.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    That's what I remember also.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My favorite base design is probably 1997 Ultra, which they also did for basketball and football. It's borderless and I like the neon lettering. And it has some of the nicest looking inserts to boot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12