Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Website for My Ichiro PC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aug 16, 2016
Central Florida
Hey fellow collectors!! I haven't posted in a while but I do jump in and comment from time to time on others threads. I put together a website to display my Ichiro collection and would like to share it with you guy's!! It's a labor of love but it was a lot of fun and well worth it. I hope to hear your feedback :)

http://www.icollectichiro.com/

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Hey fellow collectors!! I haven't posted in a while but I do jump in and comment from time to time on others threads. I put together a website to display my Ichiro collection and would like to share it with you guy's!! It's a labor of love but it was a lot of fun and well worth it. I hope to hear your feedback :)

http://www.icollectichiro.com/

Wow, beautifully done website and an incredible collection. Personally, I am a huge fan of his 2001 E-Topps but all of your 2001 collection is very impressive. The graded section I could look through over and over. Do you also collect his autographs?

madbull34

Sep 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
Impressive collection. I was wondering where the 93 BBM rookie card was as it wasn't in the Pre-2001 section. Found it in the graded section!

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
WOW.

I've been recently collecting Ichiro rookies and seeing them all in one place is just amazing.
Keep up the great work and thank you for sharing.

Aug 16, 2016
Central Florida
Wow, beautifully done website and an incredible collection. Personally, I am a huge fan of his 2001 E-Topps but all of your 2001 collection is very impressive. The graded section I could look through over and over. Do you also collect his autographs?

Thank you so much!! His E-Topps is a beautiful card but doesn't get much love. I have 4 or 5 of his auto's. They are pricey and I only want on card auto's any of his sticker auto's make me cringe!!! I'm still filling gaps in the collection and I usually focus on that unless an auto pop's up that I really really like.

Aug 16, 2016
Central Florida
Impressive collection. I was wondering where the 93 BBM rookie card was as it wasn't in the Pre-2001 section. Found it in the graded section!

Thank you sir!! Yes I want to pick up a raw copy some day but I'm always worried about a counterfeit. I'm content with the graded copy for now.

Aug 16, 2016
Central Florida
WOW.

I've been recently collecting Ichiro rookies and seeing them all in one place is just amazing.
Keep up the great work and thank you for sharing.

Thank for the kind words and checking out the site!! He has a lot of great rookies to choose from. You can find some great deals on them too!!

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
I love to see people's collection sites, and I think for a first site this is solid.
I also like to give constructive criticism, because it can be difficult to judge your personal work.

The first thing I see is the body background image. You don't need it.
I removed it and just used a white background, and it's noticeably better and your content is easier to read.
Plus the image is 5.47 MB which is way too large.

Your "hero" image (the first image we see below the primary navigation) is pretty low res and should centered and preferably full width.
I would also play with the position of it. Maybe it would look better at the very top of the page?

Your paragraphs for your articles on the home page have inconsistent styling.
The "Ichiro Retirement" article text is centered, and it has a different font-family than the other articles.
The second article paragraph is long and difficult to read. I would argue that you should have only 3-4 sentences for each article, and a "Read More" link to the full article.
The "3000 Hits, Congratulations Ichiro Suzuki!!!" is closer to optimal styling. It's broken up into several paragraphs, and the image isn't floated against the text.

I'd say you can drop the counter. It doesn't really add anything of substance to the site and it tends to date it.

Now onto the yearly pages.
The first thing I notice is the font for your image thumbnail captions. You are using Open Sans for the body text, but you are using "serif" as a font-family for the caption.
It seems like an unusual choice, and it makes the captions look generic. Just using Open Sans is a good choice.

Your images are one of your strongest pieces of content. I would increase the size of the thumbnails and either space each image wider or limit rows to 4-5 cards.
It's always a good idea to let things breath. If you think there is too much content on a page then make some content hidden with an accordion or break it out with pagination.

A few other site wide observations:
I can't right click on many different links and portions of the site. That might just be a drawback to your lightbox gallery, but usually I recommend not disabling the right click menu.
On the mobile view your hamburger menu navigation is a dropdown (select/option in HTML) which is not a good or accessible way to do it.

I won't ramble on any further, but if you had any questions just PM me.
I also realize that some of these suggestions might difficult to change.
Exploring what you can or can't do is one of my favorite parts of developing.

Last edited:

Members online