Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My sincere apologies to Brian Gray and Leaf Trading Cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scartchy18

May 21, 2013
Trading cards are just that. Not sure why coming here or going on twitter et al to bash anyone is useful unless you get cheated a lot. I don't buy much but rarely have had issues, and I don't buy from companies that don't fit my needs. Easy peasy.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
There is also a big difference between trashing a product because you don't like it and accusing a business of using fake items...that type of talk doesn't take a whole lot of proof to take off.

I'm no lawyer, but it seems like it would be pretty hard to prove damages in this case. Unless there were posts from other users saying, like, "I was gonna buy this, but if that Ruth auto is fake, no way!"

Were there actual papers served here? I mean, I don't read all of the posts, but I do recall some big talk on BG's part about other lawsuits, including "big changes" coming to the hobby, stuff that seems to have fallen flat. Having said that, I totally understand someone wanting to protect their hard work from internet trolls. Word getting out that a company was using fake stuff could definitely afeect a bottom line. Leaf has never been my taste, but I don't think of them as being fraudulant in any way, just lacking in value.

Oh well. It's always something with this hobby.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
I'm no lawyer, but it seems like it would be pretty hard to prove damages in this case. Unless there were posts from other users saying, like, "I was gonna buy this, but if that Ruth auto is fake, no way!"

Were there actual papers served here? I mean, I don't read all of the posts, but I do recall some big talk on BG's part about other lawsuits, including "big changes" coming to the hobby, stuff that seems to have fallen flat. Having said that, I totally understand someone wanting to protect their hard work from internet trolls. Word getting out that a company was using fake stuff could definitely afeect a bottom line. Leaf has never been my taste, but I don't think of them as being fraudulant in any way, just lacking in value.

Oh well. It's always something with this hobby.

It would be hard to prove damages.

Extremely hard.

This didn’t get that far though.

I don’t think it made it past cease and desist.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
It’s kinda funny in the sense that Sam is probably old enough to know better. I’d be a bit embarrassed if my dad got a cease and desist letter from any entity for being an online troll. You’re pretty safe just saying you think their product is pure garbage and leaving it at that

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
It’s kinda funny in the sense that Sam is probably old enough to know better. I’d be a bit embarrassed if my dad got a cease and desist letter from any entity for being an online troll. You’re pretty safe just saying you think their product is pure garbage and leaving it at that

I’m not sure anyone expected this.

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
I really can't fault anyone for wanting to protect their business and their bottom line. And that's not limited to Leaf and Brian. We live in a totally different world today with social media and things like this spreading faster than wildfires. The source of the cyber arsonist and that person's credibility simply does not matter. A lot of people see it and take it at face value without even looking into it or questioning it.
So whether or not you like Leaf/Brian or his products, I think ANY business at some point is going to fight back no matter what that business is.
It appears the fake Ruth rhetoric not only took it too far but was apparently also the icing on the cake.
So again I'm not going to fault Brian for doing this nor would I any business. Did he have any grounds or could he have won a case had he pursued it? I don't know the answer to that but if I had a business and I was in this situation I think I'd want to fight back to.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

Latest posts