Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My sincere apologies to Brian Gray and Leaf Trading Cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Along with not having a mouthpiece, Panini did not base it's business on repacks - grab bags. There was a lot of ill will towards the clear money grab of taking x amount of product, putting it in a pretty box, pimping it here on FCB pretty hard, then making x+y in profit.

Yeah. I for one am fine with what they did. I don’t get the animosity at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

deaconblues63

Oct 25, 2012
Sam said a babe Ruth auto in a leaf product was fake. Leaf served him with a lawsuit. Sam took his statement back to avoid a lawsuit.

I've seen literally dozens of times when someone has questioned the authenticity of autographs from Topps and Upper Deck, and I have never even seen that be on their radar, let alone threaten a lawsuit. That a lawsuit was actually filed is even more shocking. It's hard for me to even imagine that the drunken, rambling, middle of the night Twitter posts by some random internet troll would even matter. I guess if you live long enough, you eventually see everything. I thought I was to the point where nothing would surprise me anymore, but this does. Seems to say a lot about all the parties involved.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
I've seen literally dozens of times when someone has questioned the authenticity of autographs from Topps and Upper Deck, and I have never even seen that be on their radar, let alone threaten a lawsuit. That a lawsuit was actually filed is even more shocking. It's hard for me to even imagine that the drunken, rambling, middle of the night Twitter posts by some random internet troll would even matter. I guess if you live long enough, you eventually see everything. I thought I was to the point where nothing would surprise me anymore, but this does. Seems to say a lot about all the parties involved.

He didn’t question. He flat out said fake.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Still seems petty and small and not something that one of the major companies would even take notice of.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

It is. And if it were a one time thing they might not of perused it. Sam has been busting his chops for 10 years.

It’s not something I would have done, but it’s something he’s always said he’s going to do.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
It is. And if it were a one time thing they might not of perused it. Sam has been busting his chops for 10 years.

It’s not something I would have done, but it’s something he’s always said he’s going to do.

There is also a big difference between trashing a product because you don't like it and accusing a business of using fake items...that type of talk doesn't take a whole lot of proof to take off.