User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How is Craig Kimbrel still not signed to a team? (Update 6/5: Signed with Cubs)

fcbsportscards
    Mentioned
    594 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chippernate View Post
    Probably 99% because of Liberty Media preferring to build up more of The Battery than build the team. I wish they’d sell the Braves, Glavine is apparently interested I’ve heard
    Liberty is pretty hands off. This is an AA decision.
    Check out the FCB Community Sports Card Podcast
    Wanna host? PM Me! We would love to have YOU on the podcast.

nmusicp1
     @nmusicp
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then AA needs to get it in gear, can’t rely on scoring 10+ runs just to have a shot at winning. At least Fried has been a bright spot
    Will sell/trade soul for Washington Capitals/Atlanta Braves cards
    http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/nmusicp/library/

Current white whale:
    2014-15 Artifacts Stick to Stick Duos Alexander Ovechkin/Nicklas Backstrom

Looking for 18/19 SP Game Used Net Cords and 18/19 Upper Deck Day with the cup inserts

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even if one of these guys do sign today it’ll be a good two months before they’re ready to pitch to their potential.

Resident Yadier Molina, and Pro Wrestling super fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a lot of truth spoken in this thread. Kimbrel should be on a team -- he's clearly better than a lot of guys who are kicking around in the league. The problem is in how he perceives his value vs. how teams perceive his value. He's expecting to be paid according to his historical value rather than his likely value going-forward. And you can't blame him -- that's they way a lot of guys have been paid in the free agency era. But the paradigm has shifted. Teams have gotten smarter. Once could clearly see signs of a drop-off with Kimbrel last year... and the fact that teams aren't willing to pay him for his historical performance tells me that they don't see him returning anywhere near that level of value over 5-6 years.

From a player perspective, that's a tough explanation though given how compensation generally lags in the initial years of a player's career.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AA isn’t giving up the draft pick at this point.

Last I heard they said Kimbrel has dropped to 3yr/$39m or 4yr/$52.

No brainer for Atlanta to sign him at those numbers based on this bumpkin bullpen. Would be one thing if they thought they’re a .500 team, but they proved last year they’re ready to be a contender.

Just ridiculous they didn’t address the pen at all unless they plan on bringing up some of the younger starters to fill it out.

nmusicp1
     @nmusicp
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fact Luke Jackson has been probably the most consistent after that opening series should be a pretty big indicator how badly we need arms in the pen haha
    Will sell/trade soul for Washington Capitals/Atlanta Braves cards
    http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/nmusicp/library/

Current white whale:
    2014-15 Artifacts Stick to Stick Duos Alexander Ovechkin/Nicklas Backstrom

Looking for 18/19 SP Game Used Net Cords and 18/19 Upper Deck Day with the cup inserts

fcbsportscards
    Mentioned
    594 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Give the pick up already AA -Your entire fanbase

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surprising that Keuchel isn't signed, Kimbrel too. I hate to do it but............, 'collusion' would be everywhere. Sad to say.

fcbsportscards
    Mentioned
    594 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scartchy18 View Post
    Surprising that Keuchel isn't signed, Kimbrel too. I hate to do it but if they weren't who they are, 'collusion' would be everywhere. Sad to say.
    I’ll take him in Atl too

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cgilmo View Post
    I don't get how he's not signed when the Braves desperately need him.
    6 years/$120 million kind of reasons. If he comes off that then someone will sign him.

I think the CBA being up in 2 years is putting an artificial cap on contract lengths too for anyone not named Machado, Harper, or Trout.
    Last edited by WizardofOz1982; 04-24-2019 at 04:27 PM.
    I PC Jeff Frye, Ozzie Smith, Jeff Bagwell, and Matt Holiday. Working on 2006-2018 Allen & Ginter sets
    https://jefffryecollection.wordpress.com - My collection website with galleries and want lists

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WizardofOz1982 View Post
    6 years/$120 million kind of reasons. If he comes off that then someone will sign him.
    He came down from those demands a while ago. That's why his unsigning remains so strange a month into the season.

Ken Rosenthal says Kimbrel is looking for a deal similar to what Wade Davis and Zach Britton got this offseason.
    Davis got three years and $52 million from the Rockies.
    Britton got three years and $39 million from the Yankees.
    Set builder, autograph hunter and fan of the Texas Rangers & '50s-'60s Yankees

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    He came down from those demands a while ago. That's why his unsigning remains so strange a month into the season.

Ken Rosenthal says Kimbrel is looking for a deal similar to what Wade Davis and Zach Britton got this offseason.
    Davis got three years and $52 million from the Rockies.
    Britton got three years and $39 million from the Yankees.
    A while ago, being like a week. He still has a draft pick tied to him until after the draft and he's behind the 8 ball now since he's missed all of spring training. Greg Holland imploding for most of his playing time last season has to be a cautionary tale to most teams looking to sign a Kimbrel going forward. I think at this point they're both going to have to accept pillow contracts, pitch well, and hope someone offers them a multi year deal next offseason. They (or listening to their agents) have screwed themselves out of a lot of money.
    Last edited by WizardofOz1982; 04-24-2019 at 07:20 PM.
    I PC Jeff Frye, Ozzie Smith, Jeff Bagwell, and Matt Holiday. Working on 2006-2018 Allen & Ginter sets
    https://jefffryecollection.wordpress.com - My collection website with galleries and want lists

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WizardofOz1982 View Post
    A while ago, being like a week.
    It's been a month. He backed down from his demands in late March as the season was about to begin.
    Set builder, autograph hunter and fan of the Texas Rangers & '50s-'60s Yankees

rwongdestiny
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how long til collusion will come out of this?

Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...I'm tired of this "collusion" out cry. I don't think it's collusion that no team will sign me, clearly I'm not worth the league minimum. Just like these two aren't perceived to be worth what they are asking, now these two asshats have backed themselves into a corner and not only is money a concern but their preparedness for the year. Whoever signs them must be prepared to pay, but not use them in a game for them a good chunk of time.
    It's hard for me to applaud a millionaire but I think Mike Moustakas is a great example. Over the past couple offseasons he has had to make some decisions that have impacted him financially but this dude clearly wants to play and has signed two consecutive one year deals...I'm sure boras was advising him otherwise.
    Kimbrel and Keuchel can both suck it, if they really wanted to play they could have negotiated a deal to do so, they overvalued themselves.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast