Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Will Jaimet of Heroes of Sport is being accused of trimming cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Full story broke on blow out.

https://www.blowoutforums.com/showt...h_L-krIpQ2P4h_zmizR0rlzygQZeM00XuKqhZgUbqCWog

it referenced an old FCB thread

https://www.freedomcardboard.com/fo...bout-new-card-company-tonight-at-boomosbreaks

It's a scathing report that accuses PWCC and Will Jaimet of not only trimming cards but holding the best hits that were supposed to be in the product for themselves instead of inserting them.

It goes on to produce a bunch of character stories that frame Jaimet as a villain and to help attempt to prove that PWCC is involved in the scam.

The Trimming photos were particularly compelling.

kershaw2.png

Where did the edge go?

I heard about this from Sports Card Radio. http://www.sportscardradio.com/heroes-of-sport-card-trimming-group-break-scam/

Last edited:

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
7PjtlKS.png

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Some of the investigating be done on BO is pretty fantastic but also really highlights how many scammers there are in this business

Any business really. Wherever there is a buck to be made, there will be some who can't fly straight.

Aug 16, 2016
Central Florida
The trimming issue and relic tampering is really a perfect storm. It just turns into a lot of finger pointing when really only the true cosigner is more than likely the person at fault and NONE of the auction houses are willing to give up those names which is the main problem. IF you care about the future of the hobby there is no place for this and people should be called out. It's not like they are trimming 89 Donruss Griffey's we are talking about cards with values in the thousands, sometimes in the tens of thousands!!! IF you are unwilling to disclose the seller it's truly because of the negative impact it will have on the hobby, YOUR business, and the grading companies which are in this up to their neck which no doubt are trying to muffle this. That's really the only reason no auction house would choose to do so. If I ran a used car dealership and sold cars that were subjected to flood damage but didn't disclose that information I'm 100% after a few sales I would be facing some major legal issues and ramifications!!!!!! At the prices these cards are selling for this should be no different

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
Some of the investigating be done on BO is pretty fantastic but also really highlights how many scammers there are in this business

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

It's sickening that there is this much shady business going on in the hobby. This type of stuff only gets proven on certain cards that are numbered since those can be traced easier. Just think about how much of this is also going on on unnumbered, untraceable cards!

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Per that old thread- these were cards that people were pissed with at 170 buy in.

PSA 10 Trout Update
BGS 10 Trout Sterling Gold Refractor AU

a BGS 9.5 just went for 11K.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
Trimmed and psa didn’t catch it

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app
Hmm, well perhaps just because Jaimet didn't/doesn't have any grading affiliates on his Facebook friends page from PSA as he does BGS and SGC certainly doesn't negate having a possible "personal" connection with someone there as well. Who knows...
Man I've missed a lot since I've been away but Scumbag Jaimet, though not surprisingly, appears to simply be just another large chunk of vomit that is continuously being spewed out of the bowels of our beloved hobby.
Personally it's just my opinion, but I believe everyone is in bed with everyone else in all of these trimming fiascos. It's a freaking cardboard **** with the "fun room" being filled with lots of champagne and littered and lined with oodles of cash. Man, the Bible couldn't be more true as it declares "For the love of money is the root of all evil."
Great work by the OP here, he very well may want to consider changing his line of work.
PWCC... It's absolutely laughable that they would spew out the typical "We are honorable, filled with honesty and integrity and we will fight to the death for our customers to completely rid our company, the hobby and the entire world of these wicked, evil blood-sucking creatures!" Yea right, -Blah, blah, blah. Are they on top, on the bottom, or in some other position in the "fun room?" Just the thought of it is sickening and it also sends "Shills" up my spine.
End of rant.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
This story is very sad and shows how even those who are very successful have trouble sticking to their ethics when the dollars get bigger.

PWCC always seemed to me to be a top flight group...their reputation is now soiled forever.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I've become numb to all of this, and it's why I don't collect graded cards or high-end cards.
This garbage has been going on since the '80s, and nothing changes, no matter how outraged collectors get.
There's always a new scammer to take the busted guy's place. Always.

I was just looking through some of my old '80s and '90s SCDs, Baseball Hobby News and Tuff Stuffs and there are countless articles about counterfeiters, trimmers and other crooks. It's a never-ending cycle, and buying any expensive collectible in any hobby is a risk, despite what the authenticators and "experts" say is real.

Every couple of years a big-time forger or card-alterer is busted and collectors get outraged. Then they forget after a few weeks or months and the whole cycle begins again.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Things like this make me happy I’m the type of collector I am.

This hobby has never been about money for me. I collect baseball cards because I like baseball cards, and it’s fun to me. I’ve never looked at this as any sort of investment whatsoever, or as a way to make a profit.

Some people are too greedy.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Things like this make me happy I’m the type of collector I am.

This hobby has never been about money for me. I collect baseball cards because I like baseball cards, and it’s fun to me. I’ve never looked at this as any sort of investment whatsoever, or as a way to make a profit.

Some people are too greedy.
Amen.

Members online