Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

28 years ago today...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
I was at Nolan Ryan's 5,000th K game, when Henderson was his victim crossing that threshold. Probably my most memorable sports moment from when I was a kid, 14 years old at the time. I had never seen anything like it. The stadium lit up with flash bulbs. My friend and I went to the game for less than $10/each because of a Dr. Pepper can promotion and we sat in the OF bleachers of the old stadium in Arlington. Good times.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I remember it was probably that day that got me back into baseball. I had collected and really followed ball till after the 1983 season, but when the Phils lost the series, I had just turned 13 and it kind of soured me. Plus my interests turned to other things as they do. I basically was completely disconnected from almost all sports from 1983-1991, except you can't avoid college basketball and football (and lacrosse) at Syracuse. But that single day probably woke me up from my baseball coma. I went and found out exactly how bad the Phillies were (pretty), who the big names were, and when I went back home from college a couple weeks later and saw packs of cards in a 7-11, it was only natural to go back.

Members online

Latest posts