Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Signatures for Soldiers Charity Thread and FCB Challenge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
This thread is long overdue. It is something I've wanted to do for awhile now but life gets busy. We have a few veterans on FCB, myself included. And even if you did not serve, there is a good chance you have a friend or family member that has or still is.

That is why when i came across Tims Signature for Soldiers (SFS) Twitter (https://twitter.com/Sigs4Soldiers) page, i thought it would be great to get FCB involved.

Signature for Soldiers is a fundraising effort in support of Military Missions in Action (MMIA). This organization helps veterans with disabilities achieve independent living as well as supporting our service men and women serving in combat areas and their families.

A little about what Tim does, he takes his love of sports and the hobby and helps raise money by selling sports cards and memorabilia with 100% of the proceeds going to MMIA. I know he has multiple athletes that has made donations to help raise money. So if you are not following him, you've missed out on some cool items at more than reasonable prices.

If you want to learn move about how Tim got involved and what he does, you can read his story here.

http://clubhousecorner.com/2015/12/...signatures-for-soldiers/?utm_source=hootsuite

So here is my challenge to you FCB members.

take that $5, $10, $20 card that has been sitting forever in a box in the closet that you probably forgot is in there and throw it up on Ebay .99 seven day auction and let it ride. Make sure you mark it for charity with 100% donation to Military Missions in Action. Remember to post the link of your auction in this thread. Make sure you reference SFS and MMIA in your description.

If you do not have the time to list something on Ebay and would still like to donate signed cards or money, please post up or DM me what you'd like to donate and we can get it to where it needs to go. Tim said he would be signing up, so hopefully he makes it in here ok and can add additional info to either his current inventory of items for sale or items he is looking for.

I do know he is planning the first trip to the National for SFS. So if you are there, swing by the Breakers Pavilion and say hello.

Additionally, cgilmo, phillyfan0417, and myself talked and agreed that FCB will match up to $500 raised by FCB members by 1 June 2019.

I will start it off, i just posted this auction with 100% going to MMIA

2 - 2011 Topps Update Paul Goldschmidt Rookies
https://www.ebay.com/itm/202671127618

As an incentive, If an FCB member wins my auction, I'll throw in a third Goldschmidt. ;)

UPDATE:

Big thanks to everyone who participated. You all raised $139 and some change. FCB will be rounding up and donating $140.

Thanks again everyone and please feel free to continue to support SFS and MMIA.

Last edited:

Signatures4Soldiers

Aug 14, 2016
Thank you cgilmo, phillyfan0417, & moxacaine for the support I’m doing this. Every single penny raised will go directly to MMIA. To date Signatures For Soldiers has raised over $50,000 and we are still going strong. I will plan to post here more often for anyone who may be interested. Again thank you. Tim

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Thank you cgilmo, phillyfan0417, & moxacaine for the support I’m doing this. Every single penny raised will go directly to MMIA. To date Signatures For Soldiers has raised over $50,000 and we are still going strong. I will plan to post here more often for anyone who may be interested. Again thank you. Tim

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Tim

Thank you for what you do. I've had the pleasure of meeting you in Cleveland and what your org does is a breath of fresh air.

beansballcardblog

Oct 22, 2011
Arlington, TX
Okay, I added three more...

2018 Baseball Treasure Coin/Card Salvador Perez Kansas City Royals

2018 Baseball Treasure Coin/Card Khris Davis Oakland Athletics

2018 Baseball Treasure Coin/Card Marcus Stroman Toronto Blue Jays

On Twitter, I tagged Rick of Baseball Treasure because he sent me three packs last year to review for them. I planned to give them away in contests but never did. He told me that he'd send me some 2019 packs next week. After I open them, I will post on eBay as a part of this. Admins, will it be acceptable to post my YouTube/blog review of them? Not sure how all the rules work (newbie, here).

-kin

Last edited:

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I may add some additional items as well. Maybe the charity angle will help, as this has not sold in several tries, yet I see a bunch have sold in the last month or two. Not sure what I am doing wrong? This item I can relate to as well since I was stationed on a submarine while in the Navy, although not this class (been out over 25 years now).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/323798729804

Members online