Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

ever find a card stuck behind another?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
While going through some tins i kept some cards in. I took out a 99 star rubie of el duque i had for a while. i wanted to put it in one of those wall display's with those hard plastic holders. It just wouldnt close right. then i was holding it and realized there was a card stuck behind it. i really didnt want to ruin the front card, but carefully tried to un stick them finally it came off. there not in order, but both survived.

RN0Kkpg.jpg

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
thats awesome!!

I bot a box of Leaf Metal golf years back and hit an auto /5 of some kid, anthony kim i think. realized there was a card stuck to it and it was another Kim auto /5!!

Luckily i sold both pretty quickly as he never amounted to much.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
thats awesome!!

I bot a box of Leaf Metal golf years back and hit an auto /5 of some kid, anthony kim i think. realized there was a card stuck to it and it was another Kim auto /5!!

Luckily i sold both pretty quickly as he never amounted to much.

when i get a chance tomorow, i will list it for that veteran charity you posted about.

Jul 29, 2017
We all have had this issue,ever since the card companies started
using UV coating, makes the cards look shinny, and high end, per say.
Only thing to do is protect the cards from day one,
just hope the penny sleeve does not stick. so far that doesn't happen.
I have a set of first year Stadium Club baseball, all penny sleeved
from day one, the set is great but most double commons all stuck together.
The set is pretty much worthless but the double commons are all junk.

Back in the 80's I bought a 72 Rose from Kit Young at a convention,
when I got home and took card out of holder there were 2 Rose's
in one sleeve. I would say that probably was a common practice
to save on top loaders. You better believe from then on I would
look at the cards edges to see if any were doubled up.
I also have recently saw multiple hits in a pack, I theorized that
the hits stuck together.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Got two 1/1 printing plates in a pack of 2005 Donruss Champions once, because a little dab of rubber cement stuck them together. Cleaned off fine. Bo Jackson and another retired player.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Pack of 1994 SP had an Ozzie Smith blue holoview and red holoview together. That was pretty exciting. I still have them in my holoview sets.

And I got 2 printing plates from a single pack of 2004 Bowman Draft. I remember kind of mindlessly opening packs watching TV and when I picked that one out of the box, it was so heavy I was like,"Whoa, this is heavy." Can't recall who the plates were, but they were both RCs, and sold well on ebay.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
Right before the price really shot up, I had some 1996 Topps Chrome Basketball. Nobody wanted that stuff when we had some at the shop I worked at. And then it dried up. I was skimming mine for any rookies I missed, found a Kobe Bryant rookie stuck to the back of a Steve Nash. The Kobe was pretty poorly centered (30/70) but I still got $300 for it on eBay.

Members online

Latest posts