Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ichiro auto opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
So I bought this on card auto from someone on FCB, can't remember who or for how much. They said it was signed in person at the ballpark if my memory serves me. Anyway, was thinking of having it authenticated and encapsulated, but am worried that it won't pass. Is it worth submitting? Should I do a quick opinion first? Should I not even bother submitting? What do you guys think?20190501_175457.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
To be honest, for the $40+shipping that PSA charges for authentication, what's the point? IP auto cards don't have a huge market, so it won't be a huge monetary boost. If you want the piece of mind in knowing that it's real, do a PSA QuickOpinion for $10... I've never had something pass QuickOpinion and fail their full authentication service.

For what its worth, it looks like a genuine Ichiro from the mid-2000s... when he was transitioning from his rookie-year signature, to the messy scribble he does today.

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
To be honest, for the $40+shipping that PSA charges for authentication, what's the point? IP auto cards don't have a huge market, so it won't be a huge monetary boost. If you want the piece of mind in knowing that it's real, do a PSA QuickOpinion for $10... I've never had something pass QuickOpinion and fail their full authentication service.

For what its worth, it looks like a genuine Ichiro from the mid-2000s... when he was transitioning from his rookie-year signature, to the messy scribble he does today.
I really appreciate your opinion. Part of it is just piece of mind since I plan to hold on to it. Frankly, having someone tell me they recognize it as an early signature helps. I may still get it done even though the cost to authenticate may not be worth it.

It might be a bit morbid, but I've been getting a will and trust set up for my family in the case of an emergency. Part of that process has forced me to think about what would happen to my collection. I really want stuff easy to consign and sell should something happen to me since I don't have anyone to pass my stuff to that would enjoy the collection like I do. I'm probably going to leave instructions to have one of the big consignors get it so my family will get the most value without having to figure out how to move it all.

I've got a Mariano Rivera to encapsulate as well as a Mantle and DiMaggio, but those last 2 are pricey. We'll see... I live in the DFW area, so I'll just drive to Beckett and drop off a load of stuff personally if/when I do it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Compare it to his auto on his 2001 Ultimate Collection RC Auto. I'm not an expert, but it looks the same to me.

Sep 11, 2009
Beckett is running a BAS Signature Review promo this month. Looks like you just send a picture and they tell you if they think it's real.

Members online