Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Albert Pujols becomes third player ever with 2,000 RBI.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Pujols joined Hank Aaron (2,297) and Alex Rodriguez (2,086) with the milestone.

Pujols won't pass Aaron, but he should pass Arod early next year or late this year if he gets hot.

The RBI only became an official statistic in 1920, so historians say Babe Ruth and Cap Anson have more than 2,000 RBI too, but the exact number is unknown.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
What a great accomplishment. He's one of only 3 guys with 3,000 hits, 600+ home runs, and 2,000 RBIs. I'd love to put an asterisk next to the 3 because Ted Williams makes it easily if he wasn't off flying fighters in WWII and Korea. Bonds was 4 RBIs and 65 hits short as well.

5 years ago I would have said he was a lock to pass Aaron in RBIs (while also getting 2,000 runs and 700 HRs) but now I think he ends up third all time behind Aaron and Ruth. I think the 2,217 number that Fangraphs lists for Ruth is pretty solid. Even if it's off 50 either way he'd still be ahead of where I think Pujols ends up.

Members online