Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

\\\\\\\\\\*GOOD FRIDAY MORINING*////////// 5/10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
A young guy from Minnesota moves to Florida and goes to a big
"everything under one roof" department store looking for a job.

The Manager says, "Do you have any sales experience?"
The kid says "Yeah. I was a salesman back in Minnesota."
Well, the boss liked the kid and gave him the job. "You start tomorrow. I'll
come down after we close and see how you did." His first day on the job
was rough, but he got through it. After the store was locked up, the boss
came down. "How many customers bought something from you today?
The kid says "one". The boss says "Just one? Our sales people average 20
to 30 customers a day. How much was the sale for?" The kid says "$101,237.65".
The boss says "$101,237.65? What the heck did you sell?" The kid says,
"First, I sold him a small fish hook Then I sold him a medium fishhook.
Then I sold him a larger fishhook. Then I sold him a new fishing rod. Then I
asked him where he was going fishing and he said down the coast, so I told him
he was going to need a boat, so we went down to the boat department and I
sold him a twin engine Chris Craft. Then he said he didn't think his Honda Civic
would pull it, so I took him down to the automotive department and sold him that 4x4
Expedition."
The boss said "A guy came in here to buy a fish hook and you sold him a BOAT
and a TRUCK?" The kid said "No, the guy came in here to buy Tampons for his wife,
and I said, 'Dude, your weekend's shot, you should go fishing.' "

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Morning all. The family starts arriving today for my sister-in-law's graduation. The one sister-in-law that is coming up from Texas will be here for two weeks. Thankfully I'll be working most of the time she's here :lol:

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Sup dudes! Thought I'd drop in and say hello, been a minute!

Picking up the hobby a bit here recently now that enough time has passed since Belle was included in a set and I was also contacted by a bunch of Belle guys who I have gone head-to-head with over the years who are actually giving the hobby up or have already done so... therefore I am reviewing a large number of cards I need and trying to make some deals.

The problem I am running into is value. I don't blame these guys for wanting what they believe to be the value of the cards or what they paid for them but there are two problems (1) selling off eBay IMO means you have to give me a small price break since you're avoiding all the eBay and PP fees and (2) I am basically the main buyer and one of few left, so if you posted them on eBay or elsewhere they wouldn't go for anywhere near what they were originally sold for.

Tough game to play but fun. I am not crazy about it all like I use to be which has paid dividends to me because I have probably acquired a dozen cards recently which I had marked "gone" on my checklist since I didn't chance them to the top on eBay and now that buyer is giving up on the hobby and letting go of the card..

Anyways, rant over, hope everyone is doing great. Cheers dudes.

Members online