User Tag List

Thread: What do you want most from a product?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you want most from a product?

Howdy All,
    What do you look for in a product? What makes you like certain sets/products/companies more than others? Every (sincere) reply to this post will enter the poster into a random drawing for a free auto, because I'd like to know the mind of the current collectors.

For example:
    "I like Pannini Illusions because there was a buyback in every hobby box. I also like to see products with fewer autos in order to make them more valuable."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like cards that are designed to put the players first, rather than the design of the cards. I like collecting sets to learn about players and teams rather than collecting doubles of one player because theoretically they are more valuable while the others are virtually worthless. I like being able to buy a full set rather than milling through lots of doubles. Same goes for premiums. I don't like turning premiums into unlicensed lottery tickets, which is what they are now. I don't like turning a fun kids hobby into gambling or some niche form of investing. I am clearly not a target today's sports card publisher, despite having plenty of disposable income. They make no products designed to offer me value.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool photography is always under-rated in evaluating an overall product IMO...
    Don't forget to use the FCB Link when buying on eBay!

mrmet17
    Mentioned
    613 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always look for something signable (gq, Heritage) with a good selection of players (not the same guys that are in every set) since I am a TTMer who is trying to get an autograph from everyone on my favorite team.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    College Logos and autographs with inscriptions. Sadly it's one or the others these days

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Straight forward base set that isn't ridiculously overloaded with parallels. The parallel game has gotten out of control with 15 different colors variations, printing plates, etc...they're playing us and we're falling for it!
    An attractive, quality base set is key. My favorite set, 1996 Select Certified, is very simple yet sleek in design.
    Wanting to buy '96 Select Certified Mirror Gold baseball...commons & stars

joey_baseball
     joey12524
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bring back, gold, silver, bronze.