User Tag List

Thread: "King" Felix on HOF ball? Your thoughts?

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"King" Felix on HOF ball? Your thoughts?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D6iuquVX4AIwx6h.jpeg 
Views:	21 
Size:	100.8 KB 
ID:	89112

Saw this online today.

Personally, I disapprove.

Not of Felix but of getting a HOF ball signed by someone NOT in the Hall. Even if seems like a lock. Or getting a HOF inscription early.

And I certainly wouldn't say "King" Felix is a lock HOFer.

But I thought it might be a good discussion to have...
    Don't forget to use the FCB Link when buying on eBay!

Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely weird they would have him sign one. Doesn’t seem like he’s a HOF’er

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see where you are coming from with this, but to me, it is no different than a player signing a PEPSI or DICK'S SPORTING GOODS logo baseball. Signing a HOF logo ball doesn't imply he is in the Hall of Fame and those balls aren't exactly a thing anyways as far as I know. Now making and having him sign a HOF plaque postcard, that is a different sotry. That would be sacrilegious.

Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not cool, it's like talking about a perfect game/no-no before it's complete, you jinx the whole thing.
    Perhaps if someone were targeting an actual HOFer and they didn't expect him and they were a big fan I would understand but this seems much different than that.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stupid idea since there are so many reasons a player may not make the HOF. And as others have written, it's disrespectful and presumptuous for a player to sign a HOF ball.

Even getting Mike Trout on a HOF ball is a bad idea since a freak injury could end his career before the requires 10 years of service.

Of course the ball was signed when Hernandez was great, but he now has a 0% chance of making the HOF.

His last three seasons his ERAs have been 4.36, 5.55 and 6.32, he's chronically hurt, was just put back on the Injured List again, he's 33 and this is the last year of his contract. No team will probably sign him for next season and his career numbers are far from spectacular.

I think he'll be like Johan Santana, remembered for having a nice stretch of a few years, then failing to get 5% of the HOF vote after he retires.
    Last edited by Austin; 05-14-2019 at 10:25 PM.
    Set builder, autograph hunter and fan of the Texas Rangers & '50s-'60s Yankees

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a firm believer in jinxes, in my mind, Hernandez signed these balls years ago, and his career immediately went downhill. He unintentionally derailed his own career by signing these balls. It's his own fault.

You never mention a no-hitter while it's in progress. You don't touch the Stanley Cup or Lombardi Trophy before you've won it. And you don't sign a HoF ball until you get the call.

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It stands for Hall of Felix you dopes....

So he obviously qualifies, assuming he has a hall to stand (or sit) in.
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> http://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff