User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27

Thread: Invest? Lets talk stocks!

  1. #1
    Senior Member MansGame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    15,261
    Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Lightbulb Invest? Lets talk stocks!

    Back in the day there was a thread or two about stocks and investment ideas or interesting companies or trades people suggested, etc. I thought I would see if there was any interest in discussing that again here. Any good stock ideas or companies people are following?

    BYND - This was a name I got into right after the IPO since I couldn't get shares on the actual deal itself. I am in for about $60 and today it is above $90 which is a good run. I love the company and also the product which is somewhat of a pioneer. I think they have some good investors too, including some high profile guys from when they were private. Not sure where the top is but think they have a lot of room to run, so I am sticking with him and adding on.

    UBER - I stayed away from this one but found it interesting. Anyone like the stock? Seems like LYFT has more traction right now. I am not sold on the story and company from an investment perspective but I love using the app and service haha

    TSLA - Curious what people think here... seems like there are two camps (1) great company, doing amazing things, love Musk, etc. or (2) it is a fraud, going to zero, Musk going to jail, empty promises, etc.

    Always looking for some off the wall ideas or smaller companies. I need to invest in some smaller companies and not these mega cap or large cap names which are usually house hold. I love taking the risk/reward to have a stock double versus being in a large cap where you might just be looking for 5-10% upside on any given year, etc.
    The Albert Belle Collector
    Entire Private Collection: 2,626/2,891 - 90.8%


    Accomplished my impossible quest for +90% in October 2016

  2. #2
    Administrator phillyfan0417's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    40,460
     tse-investments
     phillyfan0417
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recently along with [MENTION=1763]moxacaine[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1720]cgilmo[/MENTION] got in to HEXO. I'm up about 25% over the last few months but cannabis stocks seem to be an emerging sector.

    NBR is another one I've bought recently and that one i'm up about 57%. It was getting beat up pretty good but I rolled the dice.

    Just recently sold GLUU after doubling my money.
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    --Winston Churchill

  3. #3
    Administrator cgilmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    37,140
     fcbsportscards
    Mentioned
    600 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah man. I keep buying more hexo.


    Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    Check out the FCB Community Sports Card Podcast
    Wanna host? PM Me! We would love to have YOU on the podcast.

  4. #4
    Senior Member MansGame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    15,261
    Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyfan0417 View Post
    I recently along with [MENTION=1763]moxacaine[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1720]cgilmo[/MENTION] got in to HEXO. I'm up about 25% over the last few months but cannabis stocks seem to be an emerging sector.

    NBR is another one I've bought recently and that one i'm up about 57%. It was getting beat up pretty good but I rolled the dice.

    Just recently sold GLUU after doubling my money.
    So funny you wrote this because I was going to mention that cannabis is an area I want to look into. Seems to be a spot for some good upside.


    Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board
    The Albert Belle Collector
    Entire Private Collection: 2,626/2,891 - 90.8%


    Accomplished my impossible quest for +90% in October 2016

  5. #5
    Administrator cgilmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    37,140
     fcbsportscards
    Mentioned
    600 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MansGame View Post
    So funny you wrote this because I was going to mention that cannabis is an area I want to look into. Seems to be a spot for some good upside.


    Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board
    Use this to get Robinhood. https://share.robinhood.com/chrisg642


    Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    Check out the FCB Community Sports Card Podcast
    Wanna host? PM Me! We would love to have YOU on the podcast.

  6. #6
    Senior Member MansGame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    15,261
    Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GLUU is an interesting company. Seems to have pulled back, might be a good entry. I think mobile gaming is huge and the amount of $ flowing into it is incredible.

    Took a look at HEXO. Pretty close to recent highs... curious if now is a good entry. I love the price point. Might take a small position.
    The Albert Belle Collector
    Entire Private Collection: 2,626/2,891 - 90.8%


    Accomplished my impossible quest for +90% in October 2016

  7. #7
    Administrator phillyfan0417's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    40,460
     tse-investments
     phillyfan0417
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MansGame View Post
    So funny you wrote this because I was going to mention that cannabis is an area I want to look into. Seems to be a spot for some good upside.
    BOA has initiated coverage of cannabis stocks which I think has helped shed some light but it's a volatile sector for sure.
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    --Winston Churchill

  8. #8
    Senior Member AnthonyCorona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Posts
    9,381
     Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought Chris Paddack cards the last two years. Made like 800% return


    Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

  9. #9
    Administrator cgilmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    37,140
     fcbsportscards
    Mentioned
    600 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyCorona View Post
    I bought Chris Paddack cards the last two years. Made like 800% return


    Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2637.JPG 
Views:	11 
Size:	1,011.3 KB 
ID:	89186



    Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    Check out the FCB Community Sports Card Podcast
    Wanna host? PM Me! We would love to have YOU on the podcast.

  10. #10
    Senior Member AnthonyCorona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Posts
    9,381
     Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cgilmo View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2637.JPG 
Views:	11 
Size:	1,011.3 KB 
ID:	89186



    Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    Still holding???? Bold my friend, bold!


    Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

  11. #11
    Administrator cgilmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    37,140
     fcbsportscards
    Mentioned
    600 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    They are up on auction right now.


    Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    Check out the FCB Community Sports Card Podcast
    Wanna host? PM Me! We would love to have YOU on the podcast.

  12. #12
    Senior Member MansGame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    15,261
    Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha!!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board
    The Albert Belle Collector
    Entire Private Collection: 2,626/2,891 - 90.8%


    Accomplished my impossible quest for +90% in October 2016

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    2,807
     arturohillo
     arturohillo
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My fist and only (for the moment) incursion into stocks has been Funko through TD Ameritrafe. Bought at $7.88 and now is almost at $22
    Edgar Gonzalez Collection: - the 1/1's: 108/111 (97.3%) Have 12 1/1s out of 29
    Jorge Cantu Collection: 487 / 688 (70.78%), 58 1/1s (14 non plates)
    - the 1/1's: 429/443 (96.84%)
    Total Mexican Collection: 4,326
    Mexican autographs: 129/130 and on baseballs 118/130

  14. #14
    Administrator phillyfan0417's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    40,460
     tse-investments
     phillyfan0417
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought a good chunk of CY in the middle of May after researching the stock and thinking i could make a few bucks...a week or so later takeover rumors started and i made a nice profit.

    Bought some ERIC with the money and hoping it will pop.
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    --Winston Churchill

  15. #15
    Senior Member MansGame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    15,261
    Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MansGame View Post
    Back in the day there was a thread or two about stocks and investment ideas or interesting companies or trades people suggested, etc. I thought I would see if there was any interest in discussing that again here. Any good stock ideas or companies people are following?

    BYND - This was a name I got into right after the IPO since I couldn't get shares on the actual deal itself. I am in for about $60 and today it is above $90 which is a good run. I love the company and also the product which is somewhat of a pioneer. I think they have some good investors too, including some high profile guys from when they were private. Not sure where the top is but think they have a lot of room to run, so I am sticking with him and adding on.

    UBER - I stayed away from this one but found it interesting. Anyone like the stock? Seems like LYFT has more traction right now. I am not sold on the story and company from an investment perspective but I love using the app and service haha

    TSLA - Curious what people think here... seems like there are two camps (1) great company, doing amazing things, love Musk, etc. or (2) it is a fraud, going to zero, Musk going to jail, empty promises, etc.

    Always looking for some off the wall ideas or smaller companies. I need to invest in some smaller companies and not these mega cap or large cap names which are usually house hold. I love taking the risk/reward to have a stock double versus being in a large cap where you might just be looking for 5-10% upside on any given year, etc.
    Kind of interesting to do a quick look back if you would have made any investments on stocks we mentioned...

    BYND - You would be +140%

    UBER - You would be +1%

    TSLA - You would be even

    HEXO - You would be down (-43%)

    GLUU - You would be down (-20%)

    I did end up getting into BYND and have done well, still own it, probably need to trim.

    I bought some AXTI and that is okay, not great but think it has a lot of upside right now, especially above $4 a share.

    I also bough RVLV which had pulled back a bit from $40 a share but think now is a great entry point and I might double down my cost at it, think it will be back above $40 easy.

    I have also been watching FNV, it pays a dividend, not sure if it fits my style

    TSLA was up huge and big pull back... still can't seem to figure out what is going on.
    The Albert Belle Collector
    Entire Private Collection: 2,626/2,891 - 90.8%


    Accomplished my impossible quest for +90% in October 2016

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •