Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Long awaited nostalgic pick up, Daryl Strawberry

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
I've had '1988 Donruss Strawberry auto' on my Ebay saved searches for years. I'd hoped to find some PSA DNA slabbed card or maybe just an authenticated one that looked good, but nothing ever comes up. Finally the card I've linked pops up and I grabbed it. Sure, it's Leaf, but close enough. Never thought I'd get a pack pulled authenticated card like this recollection collection.

As an 8 year old kid, I went to a birthday party where packs of '88 Donruss were given out as party favors. I was a baseball fan by then, but this was my first experience with cards. I pulled nearly this exact Strawberry Donruss card, no Leaf or auto, but essentially the same. I was the envy of every kid there, because Strawberry was a stud and had a cool name. Everyone wanted to trade for it, but I wouldn't let it go. Wish I still had that exact card. From that moment on as a young kid and until girls became more interesting, every dime I had was spent on cards.

For better or worse, that was my start in this obsession of ours. I was happy to add this nostalgic piece to the collection.Screenshot_20190525-144710_eBay.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
There was something about Strawberry's '80s Mets cards that always looked really cool. His 1984 Topps rookie is one of my favorite cards of all time.