User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What will be the outcome within the hobby with all this PSA, BGS, PWCC/consignor fraud?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's great to see the people on BO doing such amazing work on this. I could never afford the kind of cards being tampered with. It took years for Bill Mastro to get busted for his sport hobby fraud. PWCC got caught. Now they say they are working with law enforcement. Ha !

There's a lot of talk going on about this on the http://net54baseball.com/ forum too.
    Last edited by finestkind; 06-03-2019 at 08:46 PM.
    Thank you Ralph.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PSA stock down 9% today...
    Don't forget to use the FCB Link when buying on eBay!

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyCorona View Post
    Whatís your name on BO?

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    I'm read-only there. You know that. Stand-up moderator Houdini banned me for life for having an opinion on a lame COMC policy. #thugLife

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hasn’t PSA been incorrectly grading altered cards since the very beginning when they gave the infamously trimmed Gretzky T206 Honus Wagner a Near Mint 8? And that card from crook Bill Mastro is still sold in its original phony-graded slab for record amounts.

Investors don’t care. If an expensive and rare card is encapsulated by “experts,” it’s sold for a ridiculous premium.
    Just like when Project Bullpen revealed that tens of thousands of famous autographs, even those “authenticated” by PSA/DNA and James Spence, are forgeries. The scandal didn’t affect prices because investors don’t care.

There’s a major sportscard scandal every couple of years and nothing ever happens. Crooks are arrested, but collectors and investors quickly forget and prices keep going up. This current disgusting scandal will be no different in a few months.
    Set builder, autograph hunter and fan of the Texas Rangers & '50s-'60s Yankees

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The question is who is doing it the initial buyer or PWCC. Didn't someone show how you can gain a 16th of an inch by laying books on it? It's shady but as the one showed PSA then SGC the fact it didn't go to the same grader means maybe they will have it tracked for at least the numbered cards to prevent this.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As someone said above Blowout wears me out! I put myself in the middle of the Black Label scandal post but quickly gave up because all do is beat a dead horse.

As someone else said above, the first card ever graded by psa was trimmed. My opinion is most don’t care if it’s done professionally. If it’s so good it can’t be detected then what are they going to to do? They would have to employ a team of people to research every past sale and double times to properly research serial numbered cards which they very well might do or employ new age scan technologies to grade along with humans.

Another post mentioned the art world and how it’s an accepted but usually disclosed process. If anyone thinks this hasn’t been going on since a baseball card was first sold for a profit is naive.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joey_peapod View Post
    As someone said above Blowout wears me out! I put myself in the middle of the Black Label scandal post but quickly gave up because all do is beat a dead horse.

As someone else said above, the first card ever graded by psa was trimmed. My opinion is most donít care if itís done professionally. If itís so good it canít be detected then what are they going to to do? They would have to employ a team of people to research every past sale and double times to properly research serial numbered cards which they very well might do or employ new age scan technologies to grade along with humans.

Another post mentioned the art world and how itís an accepted but usually disclosed process. If anyone thinks this hasnít been going on since a baseball card was first sold for a profit is naive.
    One thing I noticed reading blowout was just people agreeing. The cards he showed as evidence whoís to say they didnít have 2 copies not the same as the one earlier this year with the numbered cards and showing the difference with the before looking better. As long as money is coming in people will try to alter cards. I personally hate getting cards graded something I rarely do. I donít see PWCC going anywhere and it will blow over they will just be more careful. As what was mentioned the Altered Wagner has been selling for millions and people know itís been altered. I am pretty sure people have PSA in their pocket an get a grade bump wouldnít surprise me like if a card would grade a 9 but the person knows the grader gives a 10. My biggest complaint with PSA is not showing sub grades almost as they might be hiding a flaw to help the graders like PWCC who grade a ton every year. I donít see how they can notice when a card is altered, Ian confident they knew just got paid a little more to give a grade rather than an altered grade.

Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sportscardtheory View Post
    I'm read-only there. You know that. Stand-up moderator Houdini banned me for life for having an opinion on a lame COMC policy. #thugLife
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2111.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	107.1 KB 
ID:	89526

Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gifs donít work on the app?!?!

Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

joey_baseball
     joey12524
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gifs don’t work on the app?!?!

Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joey12508 View Post
    Thank you!!

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pfft....anyone could get banned from BO once...that's child play. Three-time losers, under the same screen name (not those fools who sign up under new screen names is disguise) like me are the true OG's of Blowout fails & a rare breed indeed...

I wasn't aware the OP's question was actually about a recent affair and the one thing I miss about BO are those drama filled scammer threads that exceed 50+ pages. Tell me Mr. Corona, is it worth the read? If so....link please!!! I hate lurking around on there...I might ask to be reinstated again if I do. Just want the good stuff
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> http://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
    Pfft....anyone could get banned from BO once...that's child play. Three-time losers, under the same screen name (not those fools who sign up under new screen names is disguise) like me are the true OG's of Blowout fails & a rare breed indeed...

I wasn't aware the OP's question was actually about a recent affair and the one thing I miss about BO are those drama filled scammer threads that exceed 50+ pages. Tell me Mr. Corona, is it worth the read? If so....link please!!! I hate lurking around on there...I might ask to be reinstated again if I do. Just want the good stuff
    It had a lot of agreeing and drama to me. Honestly he could prove his innocence if he were to show he had 2 copies of the card as these were all older cards that went from one grade or condition to another but it could be 2 different cards though I believe they were altered how do they know these cards were bought by PWCC under a different name and how can you prove this was them buying it other than say these are PWCC names I didnít see evidence showing they were names used by them.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope everyone who done something dirty here gets caught. Moser and PWCC and Betsy and PSA if they were in the know.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gradedeflator View Post
    I hope everyone who done something dirty here gets caught. Moser and PWCC and Betsy and PSA if they were in the know.
    Yeah itís why I donít grade often mostly PC items I am keeping if I have a double will grade both and sell the lower grade. The problem is once you start seeing big money such as the 1993 SP Jeter raw gets around &250 and a PSA 10 gets $100k people will try to get the money. The buyers can be blamed in some part as there putting up the crazy money to buy that card and a person looking to make a quick buck will do everything in his or her power to alter the card to make big money. The grading companies need to be more strong ant as for card size might fix some of the issues. ButI donít understand how someone can alter other ways without the grading company noticing.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast