Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

******MONDAY MORNING THREAD 7/8 ****

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Good morning, seen the play at home. The runner was out, to me it didnt look like he veerd off to run into him. they both got there about the same time.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Morning everyone, worked an overnight last night so I'm treating myself, and my family I guess, to the best bakery around.
The Marisnik/Luccroy play was rough. I don't like that he was called out but with the rules as they are i agree with the call. Luccroy was up the line a bit, if Marisnik dipped into foul territory at all he could have avoided the collision and being out by the rules, however he may have gotten tagged out.
I think home plate collisions are rare enough they didn't need to be eradicated as they were, they make for amazing highlights, but I'm sure a lot of catchers would rather not make a highlight reel like Luccroy did last night.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Morning all!

12 hour day today. In the rain.

But picking up big bulk card lot tomorrow on the way to the beach. Double win!

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Okay, so after a night to think about this, watch it several times, keep up with what everyone is saying on social media, I’ve made up my mind on what I think happened.

Jake trucked Lucroy, and he trucked him intentionally. All of his Astros teammates can get on Yadi’s IG and defend him all they want and say how great of a guy he is, and how he would never intentionally hurt someone, but the fact of the matter is he intentionally changed his course of direction very sharply, right into Lucroy who was several inches inside of the base line. It would have been easy as pie for him to score just taking the route on the outside. We can watch the video over and over and see the exact moment Jake decided to truck Lucroy, and that’s when he shot his body to the left very sharply directly into Lucroy. There’s video evidence. If Jake had the split second response time to ‘slide to the outside’ then he had that same split second decision time to avoid Lucroy altogether and slide to the outside. Lucroy was on the inside the entire time, never came anywhere near blocking the plate, and Jake made the conscious decision to steam roll him.

I’m not calling Jake a bad guy, I’m not saying he intentionally tried to hurt Lucroy, I’m saying he made the terrible decision to truck a guy who was completely outside of the base path, in my opinion.

He should be suspended at least 10 games.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Okay, so after a night to think about this, watch it several times, keep up with what everyone is saying on social media, I’ve made up my mind on what I think happened.

Jake trucked Lucroy, and he trucked him intentionally. All of his Astros teammates can get on Yadi’s IG and defend him all they want and say how great of a guy he is, and how he would never intentionally hurt someone, but the fact of the matter is he intentionally changed his course of direction very sharply, right into Lucroy who was several inches inside of the base line. It would have been easy as pie for him to score just taking the route on the outside. We can watch the video over and over and see the exact moment Jake decided to truck Lucroy, and that’s when he shot his body to the left very sharply directly into Lucroy. There’s video evidence. If Jake had the split second response time to ‘slide to the outside’ then he had that same split second decision time to avoid Lucroy altogether and slide to the outside. Lucroy was on the inside the entire time, never came anywhere near blocking the plate, and Jake made the conscious decision to steam roll him.

I’m not calling Jake a bad guy, I’m not saying he intentionally tried to hurt Lucroy, I’m saying he made the terrible decision to truck a guy who was completely outside of the base path, in my opinion.

He should be suspended at least 10 games.

There definitely is the almost juke like step in his last couple strides where he shoots to the inside. Not sure what he was thinking. Maybe he though Luccroy was closer to blocking the plate than he realized and thought dislodging the ball would be the only way to score, maybe thought he would be tagged otherwise. It's hard to say.
I think 10 is steep compared to other suspensions that MLB hands out but I think he will, and should get some ganes given the rules as they are.

Members online