Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The HR Derby

AstrosAtoZ
     AstrosAtoZ
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Give Joc his due. The Vlad Jr show was only so exciting because Joc made him keep going back up to bat.

mrmet17
    Mentioned
    594 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
    Only drawback was that he pulled everything....every ball went to left field. Would like to have seen if he had any opposite field power.
    I think that was a strategy for the field in Cleveland...I think it was the Astros players they interviewed before Bregmanís at bats that said they advised him to hit it to left. Must be something with the Cleveland park dimensions

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

mrmet17
    Mentioned
    594 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Therion View Post
    Give Joc his due. The Vlad Jr show was only so exciting because Joc made him keep going back up to bat.
    I told people who didnít watch it, even if you donít watch a rerun of the whole thing, just watch the Vlad vs Joc matchup, it was amazing. And I think it wore down Vlad enough which was the reason that Pete was able to win.

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Therion View Post
    Oh yeah, he made it especially exciting. I was just going on about the young kids so forgot to bring him up.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMet View Post
    I think that was a strategy for the field in Cleveland...I think it was the Astros players they interviewed before Bregman’s at bats that said they advised him to hit it to left. Must be something with the Cleveland park dimensions

Before the game it was brought up that the 19 ft. wall in left field was actually a disadvantage for right handed batters which is why Josh Bell had really high odds of beating Acuna and advancing to the final round. I guess they didn't factor into account that Acuna can hit it outta the park anywhere.

Turns out that 19 ft wall was child's play for guys like Alonso and Vladimir.
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> http://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12