Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The National Sports Collectors Convention

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I'm flying in from Austin, very excited to go for the first time. Six hours is not too much for me if I was in that range, but I'd stay overnight. What everyone says is it's too much to see in one day, or two, if you dig into things at all. But worth going just to go.

timtom

Apr 24, 2013
Nashville, TN
This is gonna be my 10th national I think. I have enjoyed everyone that i've gone to. If you go, I recommend on going Wednesday and Thursday if you can. That's where you find the best stuff before its gets picked through. If you go on Saturday its when all the people that are more casual fans show up and it gets really crowded and picked through.

I can usually find a few deals, but most of the time I end up paying full price for a lot of items because most stuff is marked up pretty high.

Either way, i will be there wednesday-Friday and then i usualyl skip saturday and come back sunday morning to see if there are so decent markdowns.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I went last year for the first time in over a decade and I really enjoyed it. I would stay over night, yes. Driving six hours is nothing. I think you will enjoy it.

I agree that vintage rules the convention for sure but there is a ton of other stuff to do and see and it is a lot of fun in my opinion. Buy some wax, get into some breaks, throw your name into some drawings, have a few brewskis, etc. I would do it, especially if it were driving distance from me. I flew in from Dallas, TX.

You could also be on the hunt for some people while there. For example, you could look out for rare Belle cards for me and we could do like a $$$ bounty on anything I end up needing... did that one year with a guy who attended and I gave him my cell (via PM) and he texted me pictures when he saw rare Belle cards and he actually ended up finding a rare 1/1 for me... I sent him the $ via PayPal and then I sent him a little extra for the bounty. Just an idea, something fun too while you are walking around. Last year I did this for a few guys who wanted a raw Jeter RC, raw Lebron RC and one guy was collecting some Indian's autographs since the show was in Cleveland. I was able to get all three guys taken care of while I enjoyed the show.

Good luck, enjoy!

Kid4hof03

Jan 10, 2014
Burlington, NJ
My oldest son and I go every year. I'm in New Jersey, we drive when it's in Cleveland, Baltimore and AC and fly for Chicago. I would strongly suggest to stay overnight and go two days. It's one of my favorite events every year.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Here's a question I never thought I'd have to ask. Does anyone have tips on traveling with significant amounts of cash? I don't want to brag but my wife and I are going to be bringing literally dozens of dollars with us and would like to do so safely. I'd rather not have a fat envelope of cash go through the TSA checkpoint where people might see it and ask questions, but obviously I am not checking it in my luggage. There is no branch of my bank in Chicago. Was thinking about travelers checks. Do they even make them anymore? And converting them into cash seems like a problem, too. According to Catch Me If You Can, hotels apparently used to cash checks for people, but I have no idea if that's a thing anymore, and not for the amounts we'll have. We'll have cards, of course, and would use Paypal or Venmo if necessary, but you obviously get better deals with paper. Suggestions?

soxcolts

Aug 20, 2017
Worth it no matter where your coming from in the US. You will become hooked and want to go every year lol

soxcolts

Aug 20, 2017
Here's a question I never thought I'd have to ask. Does anyone have tips on traveling with significant amounts of cash? I don't want to brag but my wife and I are going to be bringing literally dozens of dollars with us and would like to do so safely. I'd rather not have a fat envelope of cash go through the TSA checkpoint where people might see it and ask questions, but obviously I am not checking it in my luggage. There is no branch of my bank in Chicago. Was thinking about travelers checks. Do they even make them anymore? And converting them into cash seems like a problem, too. According to Catch Me If You Can, hotels apparently used to cash checks for people, but I have no idea if that's a thing anymore, and not for the amounts we'll have. We'll have cards, of course, and would use Paypal or Venmo if necessary, but you obviously get better deals with paper. Suggestions?

Hey I sent you a pm got a question.