Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1999 Fleer Diamond Skills Cards/Sets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

90's Collector

Jul 21, 2019
Hi All. I am new to this forum. I collected cards throughout the '90's and have a pretty decent collection of cards from that decade. I stopped when they started getting too expensive for my taste.
In '99 I ran an MLB Pitch, Hit and Run competition in the late 90's. In 1999, Fleer sent me a box of the Diamond Skills cards. The set is an 8 card set consisting of Garciaparra, Grieve, Jeter, Chipper, McGwire, A-Rod, Sosa and Kerry Wood. Just giving an estimate, I might have 75-100 sets of these cards. I don't have a local card shop and I don't know of anyone else who collects.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the value of these cards/sets? And, any ideas of who might be interested in taking them off my hands? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Ben

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I may be interested in a couple sets depending on your asking price and if you are looking to piece them out instead of moving the entire lot. I used to chase all of the oddball sets, but it just got to be too overwhelming and I stopped all together.

I checked and it seems a few singles are selling on COMC. I didn't see any full sets and I have no idea of they are cataloged in one of the annual guides, although I am guessing they probably are. Based on the asking prices, I would guess sets are probably worth somewhere in the $10 or less range.

It looks like there is a sheet as well, but the sheet cards don't have the logo on the individual cards.

s-l500.jpgs-l1600.jpg

90's Collector

Jul 21, 2019
Cool. Yeah, I have the individual cards, no sheets. I'm not looking to maximize profit at all, just a fair price. Will definitely piece them out. Email me at "[email protected]". We'll work out a reasonable deal. Very cool.

Thanks
Ben

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Ben - Welcome to the board and also great to see a fellow 90s guys on the board. There are some great 90s threads if you are interested in sticking around for a bit. Either way, let me know if you have any Albert Belle cards other than commons and base. I am the Belle guys around the neighborhood and always looking for 90s collectors who might have one or two laying around in their collections or bins. All the best, thanks for looking.

Mac

90's Collector

Jul 21, 2019
Hi Mac. I did a cursory look into my insert boxes and only came out with a few Albert Belle cards. The only numbered one was a '98 Leaf Rookies and Stars HR Derby (#1504/2500). There are a few others but most likely cards you already have.

I'd be glad to send them to you. If so, send me your information to my email.... [email protected]

Thanks for the warm welcome to the forum as well.
Ben

Members online