Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Yordan Alvarez is incredible.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I don’t follow prospects anymore, so an article today about Yordan Alvarez surprised me.
I knew he’s had a hot start with the Astros, but today he set the MLB record with 35 rbi in his first 30 games, breaking Pujols’ rookie mark.
And he’s hitting .342 with 11 home runs.

Before he was called up in June, he had 23 homers and 71 rbi in 56 games, for a season total of 34 homers and 106 rbi in only 86 games.
100+ rbi in a half-season worth of games. That’s insane.

And the Dodgers traded him to the Astros two years ago for a minor league pitcher who’s been released by three teams this year and is sitting at home.

Last edited:

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Yep, very exciting as my wife has nearly every Astros game on TV. And he's keeping his average and slugging up, not an all-or-nothing musclehead. I'll be looking for his stuff at the National, will be hard not to overpay.

Cardwise, it's going to be frustrating for the rest of the year. He's in Platinum, but that was probably in production before he got called up, maybe before the season. Neither that nor Topps Now, which is less explicable, have the RC logo, which indicates he may be held out of late-season update products just to saturate him next year. This sort of manipulation just sucks.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Yep, very exciting as my wife has nearly every Astros game on TV. And he's keeping his average and slugging up, not an all-or-nothing musclehead. I'll be looking for his stuff at the National, will be hard not to overpay.

Cardwise, it's going to be frustrating for the rest of the year. He's in Platinum, but that was probably in production before he got called up, maybe before the season. Neither that nor Topps Now, which is less explicable, have the RC logo, which indicates he may be held out of late-season update products just to saturate him next year. This sort of manipulation just sucks.

They gotta know they have at least one hot rookie to include in those first few products released before the new season begins to drive up prices. :rolleyes:

Personally, unless it's a player I PC I only buy BC autos so don't care one way or another. Gem Mint copies of his 2018 BC auto are selling for over $500 at the moment. Almost reaching the prices that Acuna autos were going for last year so he's definitely hot on the market!

Members online

No members online now.