Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BLOCKBUSTER: Mets Acquire Marcus Stroman For Anthony Kay and Simeon Woods-Richardson

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Wow. Did NOT see that coming. Can't wait to see who's going back.

Jon Morosi @jonmorosi
Source: #BlueJays, #Mets in agreement on Marcus Stroman trade, pending exchange of medical information. @MLB @MLBNetwork

Last edited:

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Mets trading "pitching prospects" to Toronto.

Woods-Richardson? Kay? Peterson? Szapucki?

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
As for Thor, I read that the Braves, Padres (and another team I can't seem to remember) were the most likely destinations. It would require a team with those sorts of prospects including a major league ready or nearly-ready top pitching prospect.

However, now that they went and acquired Stroman I'm a little unsure what they are doing...

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Official - it's Kay and Woods-Richardson going to TOR.

Seems pretty light on the Jays' side.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Funny how Mets fans on Twitter are screaming they gave up too much, and Jays fans saying they didn't get enough back....

Good thing I don't have a favorite team. I'm impartial. Deranged, but impartial.

WaxPax

If this was their intention, its a smart move....

qXbe92Yh.png

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
MLB Prospect Watch said this about Woods-Richardson:

"He spent his pro debut sitting around 93, while touching 97 with a riding fastball. Woods-Richardson's quick arm from a high-three-quarters slot helps him snap off a sharp, top-to-bottom curveball that shows plus potential, and he already demonstrates some feel for turning over an effective changeup."

At only age 18 this seems like a high ceiling player to me. GM Brony now has traded the Mets first 2 picks of the 2018 draft.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I wouldn't be surprised to see Stroman moved again, along with Thor and anyone else they can get what they deem to be value for.

Astros fans are talking about/wishing for Tucker for Thor/Bumgarner/anyone.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Latest on Thor

https://www.mlb.com/news/mets-rumors-latest-trades-and-signings

Apparently the Mets do not intend to rebuild and they are now looking for major league or major league-ready players in return for Thor. There have been a lot of talks between San Diego, in fact a multi-player offer was made to New York but non of these guys were prospects. Apparently the two teams still aren't even close to agreeing on anything.

Also, there are reports that there has been a lot of tension between Thor & New York for awhile now and since teams are well aware of this fact they are trying to use it to their advantage in making a deal.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
I bet the Mets are trying to get Chris Paddack or Fernando Tatis in return...highly doubt the Padres would give up Tatis...way too much potential with tons of team control.

Honestly I really don't get why San Diego is trying to get Thor...they are still far from contending and their best bet at getting there is through their young players like Tatis & Paddack.

Now that I hear New York wants major league/major league-ready players in return, my desire for the Braves to go after him has lessened. They are probably asking for Acuna or Soroka and I ain't down with that. Wouldn't mind seeing a package offered that involves Riley & Fried.

Members online