Thread: Night Crew Aug/ trade day

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whoooooooah Nellie!!!

Cruz with his 2nd 3 HR game in just 8 games! Make that 11 HR in his last 10 games
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> https://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indeed. Night crew is back, rats and oats and honey and all. Thanks to JVHaste, the man the myth.

Cruz is on fire. I would not have guessed he had that much left in the tank. That guy has racked up some impressive stats especially considering after his age 27 season he had a total of 22 career HR.
    Collecting Roberto Alomar. Over 4000 unique cards, but always looking for those I'm missing!

zc3009
    Mentioned
    346 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cruz is looking like a steal for the Twins. And he has a club option for next season at $2 million less than he's making this year

Sent from my SM-G950U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, Cruz once again is my ROY winner (roider of the year) I wondered why HOU didn't sign him in the offseason to smash into the crawford boxes but then they called up this Yordan Alvarez guy... the rich just got richer (and younger)

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
    Anyone watching the series "The Boys" on Amazon Prime? One of my favorite, if not my favorite, comic themed streaming series of all-time! Corrupt superheros, yah!!!!!!!

It's based on a DC comic that was actually banned and then picked up by a more "adult themed" comic book production company.
    Not yet but I will check it out.

What happened to Verlander today? Allowing a long dong to Corey's brother??

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JVHaste View Post
    Not yet but I will check it out.

What happened to Verlander today? Allowing a long dong to Corey's brother??
    Well yeah, Bob Seager is like a rock! Strong as he ever could be, his home runs are something to see and in his words, "nothing ever got to me"....not even a heater from big d!ck JV
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> https://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But despite that mishap, it was his fourth straight game with double digit strikeouts & Justin Bieber now has nine seasons with 200+ strikeouts and short just 88 from reaching the 3,000 strikeout club.

Wait, did I just "accidentally" call him Justin like Topps did...

https://www.mlb.com/cut4/justin-bieb...ndians-pitcher

And um...what's up with Bieber in that photo? Is he now in a heavy metal band or something? All tatted up in a Metallica t-shirt? I tell you what though, Metallica should sue Bieber for hurting their image.

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Mariners went 15 innings without a hit against Astros pitching....w0wzeRz!

The M's keep impressing me with their crazy stat lines.

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by banjar View Post
    Indeed. Night crew is back, rats and oats and honey and all. Thanks to JVHaste, the man the myth.

Cruz is on fire. I would not have guessed he had that much left in the tank. That guy has racked up some impressive stats especially considering after his age 27 season he had a total of 22 career HR.
    JVHaste is so mythical that unicorns don't believe he exists.

If you ever get lucky enough for him to grace you with an appearance the skies open up and that Lynyrd Skynyrd song "Simple Man" plays from the heavens.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hah, now that's the stuff dreams are made of!

Verlander was good today. Sometimes I like to see guys have monster breakout seasons and win awards, like RA Dickey for example. But sometimes it's nice to see the great ones on top and reminding everyone why they are the great ones. Trout will be AL MVP, and if Verlander keeps this up he will get another Cy.

Quote Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
    JVHaste is so mythical that unicorns don't believe he exists.

If you ever get lucky enough for him to grace you with an appearance the skies open up and that Lynyrd Skynyrd song "Simple Man" plays from the heavens.
    Collecting Roberto Alomar. Over 4000 unique cards, but always looking for those I'm missing!

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nostradamus Haste (Hastradamus?) predicted that Seager HR btw. Verlander pitched strongly again, and even the great Rick Porcelain probably cant stop him from winning another CY. It must be tough being the guy to pitch after a no-hitter since nearly every isn't seen as good enough.

I'm close to winning a 100+ person chess prediction contest, perhaps I should have used my Hastradamus unicorn powers there instead.

Now if only my "D2R wins AL MVP over Trout" Hastradamus prediction could come true... finishing 2nd in voting isn't too shabby considering most people didn't think he would be a starter.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cano gets his WAR up to an even 0.0 then immediately tears hamstring.

Mets defense and baserunning just got a whole lot better.

Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's crazy how much young talent the Mets have and they just got back to .500. the red Sox will likely see the south side of .500 soon enough, then I'll be hearing from multiple boroughs, that will be fun...

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always think of the Mets as the team that loves to sign and overpay stars right as they are starting to fade. This list isn't as long or brutal as I figured it would be, but it's also the product of 10 minutes of online digging. I'm sure there's more.

Robinson Cano
    2018 Mariners (80 games) 12.3 million salary = 3.2 WAR
    2019 Mets (80 games) 24.0 million salary = 0.0 WAR

Jeromy Burnitz
    2001 Brewers (154 games) 5.5 million salary = 2.7 WAR
    2002 Mets (154 games) 7.2 million salary = 0.0 WAR

Mo Vaughn
    2000 Angels (161 games) 11.2 million = 1.8 WAR
    2002 Mets (139 games, injured in 2001) 12.2 million = -0.4 WAR

Carlos Delgado
    2005 Marlins (144 games) 4.0 million = 2.8 WAR
    2006 Mets (144 games) 13.5 million = 2.7 WAR (and then in 2007 he produced 0.2 WAR in 139 games)

Roberto Alomar
    2001 Indians (157 games) 7.8 million = 7.3 WAR
    2002 Mets (149 games) 7.9 million = 0.6 WAR

Bobby Bonilla
    1991 Pirates (157 games) 2.4 million = 4.0 WAR
    1992 Mets (128 games) 6.1 million = 1.4 WAR
    Then they signed him again in 1999 and paid 5.9 million for -1.4 WAR

Then there's the washed up guys who everyone already knew were washed up....

Shawn Green 2007 (130 games) 9.5 million = 0.3 WAR
    Jose Reyes 2017 (145 games) 22.0 million = -0.4 WAR
    Gary Sheffield 2009 (100 games) 14.0 million = 0.3 WAR
    Todd Zeile 2004 (137 games) 1.0 million = -0.4 WAR
    Adrian Gonzalez 2018 (54 games) 0.5 million = -0.6 WAR

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mo Vaughn must be the worst on the list, dude had a severe injury the year before.

Hastradamus saw that Cano trade this offseason and christened it the worst trade ever.... funny thing is its actually much worse than I expected so far.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast