Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Night Crew Aug/ trade day

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
So the trade deadline is in the books and the best parts to me were:

3.Houston wins the World Series a few months early.

2.Mike freake a Leake moves to AZ and immediately asks fan base if they want their feet crammed to da elbows. :confused:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M48nlk-1kH8

1.Puig brawling for a team he wasn't even on anymore. :lol:

Even better yet today, Rick Porclain puts up solid numbers. . . . 7K 2TVS 1MX

ok, those are some next gen stats so let me break it down

TVS = televisions smashed MX = manager excuse

1KSTARE_medium.jpg

Last edited:

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I have to imagine Puig walked into the clubhouse directly after that awesome brawl only to immediately find out he’d been traded. It’s nuts. I love Amir Garrett, and think it’s amazing he did what he did. Huge balls on that guy.

The Cardinals will finish third in the division. They’re not a good baseball team.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I have to imagine Puig walked into the clubhouse directly after that awesome brawl only to immediately find out he’d been traded. It’s nuts. I love Amir Garrett, and think it’s amazing he did what he did. Huge balls on that guy.

The Cardinals will finish third in the division. They’re not a good baseball team.

First thing that comes to mind when thinking about Amir Garrett:

me-and-my-friend-playing-chess_o_3339495.jpg

I have thought the Cards would be 3rd place before and then they somehow squeeze value from a ton of different positions and prove me wrong... but this year even if they did make the playoffs they would get crushed.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Recent pickups! More than I needed to spend right now, but all things considered the prices were not too extravagant and who knows if these would ever surface again.

IMG_5568.JPG

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Recent pickups! More than I needed to spend right now, but all things considered the prices were not too extravagant and who knows if these would ever surface again.

View attachment 91393

Looks great from here, and I bet it even looks better in person! :grouphug:

I have been working on a computer conundrum for a while today, with minimal gains. :rolleyes:

oh, and I heard an amazing baseball story today. . . Ryan Rowland Smith talks about the time he missed out on a brawl since he was locked in the bullpen bathroom after taking a sht. :lol: Its near the end of this podcast here https://sports.mynorthwest.com/679818/mariners-right-thing-trade-deadline/

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Computer issues. Sorry. Bad times.

1998 Pinnacle Select cards are nice. Not my favorite from the 90's, but good looking. Wish they had been released. I also wish Pinnacle had not gone out of business. This damn Topps monopoly, plus the bit players in Panini and Leaf, is getting really stale. I'd love to bring back everyone from Donruss, or Fleer, or UD, and let them have at it.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I finally got it fixed... woo.

Yeah I can agree with you big time on that, its as if a whole generation of players are without iconic insert cards. Heck, Im not even sure what people consider Acuna or Vlad Jr's best card.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Well congrats on unf*cking that situation.

A good thread idea would be what is the most iconic 2010's insert card. We're all well versed in the coolest 90's and early 2000's inserts, but now that 2010's are almost done what is the consensus on the best of this decade? There's all sorts of styles and ideas to choose from, from Topps to Topps, and then Topps plus also Topps. Also Panini. And don't forget Topps.

Anyway, Bowman Chrome parallels seem to be the default "iconic" cards for most current players. Even though every issue since 2010 looks basically the same.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
A good thread idea would be what is the most iconic 2010's insert card.

Yep, nothing much was iconic this decade and people will just choose the Bowman that their fave player debut in. Another consideration that makes this decade rough for baseball fans is how every other sport (and nonsport) cards were badass. :mad: I don't even know half the inserts names but I will run into something on ebay from hockey or Pokemon and go "WOW, that is sharp."

I was going to pick my favorite Bowman design to give an answer, but the one I was thinking of was from 09, so idk. :-| Does anyone have an idea I'm missing?

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Yeah. Competition in the baseball card world is a good thing. Pinnacle came up with iconic stuff that Topps would never dream of. And Fleer had brilliant stuff that Donruss could never have printed. Every argument to justify why MLB has given Topps the exclusive license is null and void. But I'm pretty sure that has been complained about before one a message board or two, and it is what it is.

In other news I'm 3 cards away from a rainbow of 2019 Panini Prizm. Which is a funny thing for me to do. I guess the absurdity of 27 different parallels just hooked me. Plus it's a low-end Panini release so I knew the prices wouldn't be too insane. Plus they have parallels with names like "lime green donut circles" and "blue mojo" and "power plaid". Just absurd. But it's been fun to chase.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Is this thing on again? Hello? "What is it hun?" I just heard the Night Crew is back again...back again! "But they never left honey poo bear" Then where was I? "Oh, my little honey bunches of oats you were down in the sewers again, getting high and talking to the rats" Well then why didn't any of the rats from the manhole colony tell me Night Crew was back??? "Ah silly billy now you're just worrying my dear heart, everyone knows rats can't use the internet!" W00mp, wo0mp w00mP!

If only the Mariners held onto Nelson Cruz, the former hero of Seattle, they'd be headed to the WS. He now has 10 home runs & 21 RBI in his last 10 games.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Anyone watching the series "The Boys" on Amazon Prime? One of my favorite, if not my favorite, comic themed streaming series of all-time! Corrupt superheros, yah!!!!!!!

It's based on a DC comic that was actually banned and then picked up by a more "adult themed" comic book production company.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Indeed. Night crew is back, rats and oats and honey and all. Thanks to JVHaste, the man the myth.

Cruz is on fire. I would not have guessed he had that much left in the tank. That guy has racked up some impressive stats especially considering after his age 27 season he had a total of 22 career HR.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Yep, Cruz once again is my ROY winner (roider of the year) I wondered why HOU didn't sign him in the offseason to smash into the crawford boxes but then they called up this Yordan Alvarez guy... :eek: the rich just got richer (and younger)

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Anyone watching the series "The Boys" on Amazon Prime? One of my favorite, if not my favorite, comic themed streaming series of all-time! Corrupt superheros, yah!!!!!!!

It's based on a DC comic that was actually banned and then picked up by a more "adult themed" comic book production company.

Not yet but I will check it out.

What happened to Verlander today? Allowing a long **** to Corey's brother?? :confused:

Members online

Latest posts