Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Night Crew Aug/ trade day

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Owwww. Not funny. Out of bounds. Night crew be damned. My nutz started aching just thinking about that. Bad times JV, bad times.

I made a new NC thread for September just now. Complete with ravings of a lunatic. Post away you wierdos.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
So....pitching. If you step back and think about it, that is one hell of a way to make a living. Of course a good living, should you make it to the bigs, but still a strange occupation. And if you're toiling away in the minors, where a vast majority of ballplayers exist and never rise above, then lemme tell ya....drugs start to sound pretty good. Seriously. D2R I don't know your past, only the stories you've shared here, but can you grok what I'm talking about?

From my side, here's where I come down. I know myself pretty well, and regardless of whatever I've accomplished in my life so far, I know that 6 inches this side or that side, I'd have been out of the strike zone. Not even well enough to post on this message board. Not nearly enough to assemble the best Alomar card collection in the world. Ahem, cough, maybe I'm getting off track.

But you get my point. So for some 20-something kid - a rock star pitcher no less - to fall prey to drugs. Well, I get it. I don't mean to make light of it, but I do understand how it can happen. Rest in peace son. I mean that. But I also feel at a deep level how this happened, and I just get it. It does suck though, seriously, because from all accounts he was a good guy and people loved him.

I can totally understand anyone getting hooked on drugs. Becoming a pitcher at the major league level would be the most difficult position to actually achieve. I mean even if your defense sucks, having major league caliber offense is enough to get yourself drafted...or vice versa.

I dunno, it seems like a lot of pitchers have that thrill seeking personality that may make them prone to getting high on the down low but really, anyone is vulnerable...some just more than others.

We don't know if Skaggs was an addict or just trying to have a good time. I mean fentanyl is no joke...very, very easy to OD. And mixing it with oxy and alcohol? Recipe for death. But I ain't judging, I've combined drugs that are just as deadly before...I was just lucky.

But I dunnp, generally only seasoned opioid addicts mess around with fentanyl, unless it was sold as fake pain killers...

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
I was correct, there was a scene where a man faints and falls on another mans bare ass.... needless to say I am done with that fcking movie.

:lol: good to see you man, whats new?

Nothing at all. Just taking things minutes and hours at a time, It's only way I can get through the day sometimes. This place helps a lot ! :grouphug:

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Right on man. I like this place too.

Could do with a few less mental images of men falling on other mens' bare asses though. #ThanksHaste. #StickToCardsOrChess :)

Nothing at all. Just taking things minutes and hours at a time, It's only way I can get through the day sometimes. This place helps a lot ! :grouphug:

Members online