Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Night Crew Aug/ trade day

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Night Crew Aug/ trade day

So the trade deadline is in the books and the best parts to me were:

3.Houston wins the World Series a few months early.

2.Mike freake a Leake moves to AZ and immediately asks fan base if they want their feet crammed to da elbows.

1.Puig brawling for a team he wasn't even on anymore.

Even better yet today, Rick Porclain puts up solid numbers. . . . 7K 2TVS 1MX

ok, those are some next gen stats so let me break it down

TVS = televisions smashed MX = manager excuse

Last edited by JVHaste; 08-01-2019 at 01:29 AM.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to imagine Puig walked into the clubhouse directly after that awesome brawl only to immediately find out hed been traded. Its nuts. I love Amir Garrett, and think its amazing he did what he did. Huge balls on that guy.

The Cardinals will finish third in the division. Theyre not a good baseball team.

Resident Yadier Molina, and Pro Wrestling super fan.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
    I have to imagine Puig walked into the clubhouse directly after that awesome brawl only to immediately find out he’d been traded. It’s nuts. I love Amir Garrett, and think it’s amazing he did what he did. Huge balls on that guy.

The Cardinals will finish third in the division. They’re not a good baseball team.
    First thing that comes to mind when thinking about Amir Garrett:

I have thought the Cards would be 3rd place before and then they somehow squeeze value from a ton of different positions and prove me wrong... but this year even if they did make the playoffs they would get crushed.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Night crooooo!

Just heading to bed now but great to see this thread back.
    Collecting Roberto Alomar. Over 4000 unique cards, but always looking for those I'm missing!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Recent pickups! More than I needed to spend right now, but all things considered the prices were not too extravagant and who knows if these would ever surface again.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5568.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	153.8 KB 
ID:	91393
    Collecting Roberto Alomar. Over 4000 unique cards, but always looking for those I'm missing!

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by banjar View Post
    Recent pickups! More than I needed to spend right now, but all things considered the prices were not too extravagant and who knows if these would ever surface again.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5568.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	153.8 KB 
ID:	91393
    Looks great from here, and I bet it even looks better in person!

I have been working on a computer conundrum for a while today, with minimal gains.

oh, and I heard an amazing baseball story today. . . Ryan Rowland Smith talks about the time he missed out on a brawl since he was locked in the bullpen bathroom after taking a sht. Its near the end of this podcast here https://sports.mynorthwest.com/67981...rade-deadline/

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Computer issues. Sorry. Bad times.

1998 Pinnacle Select cards are nice. Not my favorite from the 90's, but good looking. Wish they had been released. I also wish Pinnacle had not gone out of business. This damn Topps monopoly, plus the bit players in Panini and Leaf, is getting really stale. I'd love to bring back everyone from Donruss, or Fleer, or UD, and let them have at it.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I finally got it fixed... woo.

Yeah I can agree with you big time on that, its as if a whole generation of players are without iconic insert cards. Heck, Im not even sure what people consider Acuna or Vlad Jr's best card.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well congrats on unf*cking that situation.

A good thread idea would be what is the most iconic 2010's insert card. We're all well versed in the coolest 90's and early 2000's inserts, but now that 2010's are almost done what is the consensus on the best of this decade? There's all sorts of styles and ideas to choose from, from Topps to Topps, and then Topps plus also Topps. Also Panini. And don't forget Topps.

Anyway, Bowman Chrome parallels seem to be the default "iconic" cards for most current players. Even though every issue since 2010 looks basically the same.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A good thread idea would be what is the most iconic 2010's insert card.
    Yep, nothing much was iconic this decade and people will just choose the Bowman that their fave player debut in. Another consideration that makes this decade rough for baseball fans is how every other sport (and nonsport) cards were badass. I don't even know half the inserts names but I will run into something on ebay from hockey or Pokemon and go "WOW, that is sharp."

I was going to pick my favorite Bowman design to give an answer, but the one I was thinking of was from 09, so idk. Does anyone have an idea I'm missing?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah. Competition in the baseball card world is a good thing. Pinnacle came up with iconic stuff that Topps would never dream of. And Fleer had brilliant stuff that Donruss could never have printed. Every argument to justify why MLB has given Topps the exclusive license is null and void. But I'm pretty sure that has been complained about before one a message board or two, and it is what it is.

In other news I'm 3 cards away from a rainbow of 2019 Panini Prizm. Which is a funny thing for me to do. I guess the absurdity of 27 different parallels just hooked me. Plus it's a low-end Panini release so I knew the prices wouldn't be too insane. Plus they have parallels with names like "lime green donut circles" and "blue mojo" and "power plaid". Just absurd. But it's been fun to chase.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plus they have parallels with names like "lime green donut circles" and "blue mojo" and "power plaid". Just absurd. But it's been fun to chase.
    Sounds like something the Topps Tek weirdos would enjoy

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hah, yeah, pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by JVHaste View Post
    Sounds like something the Topps Tek weirdos would enjoy

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this thing on again? Hello? "What is it hun?" I just heard the Night Crew is back again...back again! "But they never left honey poo bear" Then where was I? "Oh, my little honey bunches of oats you were down in the sewers again, getting high and talking to the rats" Well then why didn't any of the rats from the manhole colony tell me Night Crew was back??? "Ah silly billy now you're just worrying my dear heart, everyone knows rats can't use the internet!" W00mp, wo0mp w00mP!

If only the Mariners held onto Nelson Cruz, the former hero of Seattle, they'd be headed to the WS. He now has 10 home runs & 21 RBI in his last 10 games.
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> https://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone watching the series "The Boys" on Amazon Prime? One of my favorite, if not my favorite, comic themed streaming series of all-time! Corrupt superheros, yah!!!!!!!

It's based on a DC comic that was actually banned and then picked up by a more "adult themed" comic book production company.
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> https://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast