Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Night Crew Aug/ trade day

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
But despite that mishap, it was his fourth straight game with double digit strikeouts & Justin Bieber now has nine seasons with 200+ strikeouts and short just 88 from reaching the 3,000 strikeout club.

Wait, did I just "accidentally" call him Justin like Topps did...

https://www.mlb.com/cut4/justin-bieber-typo-on-baseball-card-amuses-indians-pitcher

And um...what's up with Bieber in that photo? Is he now in a heavy metal band or something? All tatted up in a Metallica t-shirt? I tell you what though, Metallica should sue Bieber for hurting their image.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Indeed. Night crew is back, rats and oats and honey and all. Thanks to JVHaste, the man the myth.

Cruz is on fire. I would not have guessed he had that much left in the tank. That guy has racked up some impressive stats especially considering after his age 27 season he had a total of 22 career HR.

JVHaste is so mythical that unicorns don't believe he exists.

If you ever get lucky enough for him to grace you with an appearance the skies open up and that Lynyrd Skynyrd song "Simple Man" plays from the heavens.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Hah, now that's the stuff dreams are made of!

Verlander was good today. Sometimes I like to see guys have monster breakout seasons and win awards, like RA Dickey for example. But sometimes it's nice to see the great ones on top and reminding everyone why they are the great ones. Trout will be AL MVP, and if Verlander keeps this up he will get another Cy.

JVHaste is so mythical that unicorns don't believe he exists.

If you ever get lucky enough for him to grace you with an appearance the skies open up and that Lynyrd Skynyrd song "Simple Man" plays from the heavens.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Nostradamus Haste (Hastradamus?) predicted that Seager HR btw. Verlander pitched strongly again, and even the great Rick Porcelain probably cant stop him from winning another CY. It must be tough being the guy to pitch after a no-hitter since nearly every isn't seen as good enough.

I'm close to winning a 100+ person chess prediction contest, perhaps I should have used my Hastradamus unicorn powers there instead. :p

Now if only my "D2R wins AL MVP over Trout" Hastradamus prediction could come true... finishing 2nd in voting isn't too shabby considering most people didn't think he would be a starter. :confused:

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Cano gets his WAR up to an even 0.0 then immediately tears hamstring.

Mets defense and baserunning just got a whole lot better. :)

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
It's crazy how much young talent the Mets have and they just got back to .500. the red Sox will likely see the south side of .500 soon enough, then I'll be hearing from multiple boroughs, that will be fun...

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
I always think of the Mets as the team that loves to sign and overpay stars right as they are starting to fade. This list isn't as long or brutal as I figured it would be, but it's also the product of 10 minutes of online digging. I'm sure there's more.

Robinson Cano
2018 Mariners (80 games) 12.3 million salary = 3.2 WAR
2019 Mets (80 games) 24.0 million salary = 0.0 WAR

Jeromy Burnitz
2001 Brewers (154 games) 5.5 million salary = 2.7 WAR
2002 Mets (154 games) 7.2 million salary = 0.0 WAR

Mo Vaughn
2000 Angels (161 games) 11.2 million = 1.8 WAR
2002 Mets (139 games, injured in 2001) 12.2 million = -0.4 WAR

Carlos Delgado
2005 Marlins (144 games) 4.0 million = 2.8 WAR
2006 Mets (144 games) 13.5 million = 2.7 WAR (and then in 2007 he produced 0.2 WAR in 139 games)

Roberto Alomar
2001 Indians (157 games) 7.8 million = 7.3 WAR
2002 Mets (149 games) 7.9 million = 0.6 WAR

Bobby Bonilla
1991 Pirates (157 games) 2.4 million = 4.0 WAR
1992 Mets (128 games) 6.1 million = 1.4 WAR
Then they signed him again in 1999 and paid 5.9 million for -1.4 WAR

Then there's the washed up guys who everyone already knew were washed up....

Shawn Green 2007 (130 games) 9.5 million = 0.3 WAR
Jose Reyes 2017 (145 games) 22.0 million = -0.4 WAR
Gary Sheffield 2009 (100 games) 14.0 million = 0.3 WAR
Todd Zeile 2004 (137 games) 1.0 million = -0.4 WAR
Adrian Gonzalez 2018 (54 games) 0.5 million = -0.6 WAR

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Mo Vaughn must be the worst on the list, dude had a severe injury the year before. :benson:

Hastradamus saw that Cano trade this offseason and christened it the worst trade ever.... funny thing is its actually much worse than I expected so far. :confused:

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
btw, I came on tonight to shillboost Porcello and his crappy start but I look and he . . . didn't suck tonight! :grouphug:

Hopefully he gets out of the AL East next year and runs far far away!

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
This got me thinking about the related question of what's the worst contract ever? There's Bobby Bo, who's still getting paid for all I know. There's Mike Hampton with yoooooooour Colorado Rockies. All sorts of stuff like that. But Pujols Angels contract might be the one.

Let's see here...so far it's 181 million for 8 years and a whopping 13.3 WAR (1.6 per year)! Of course his first 10 years with the Cards were an entirely different matter...104 million for 11 years and 86.7 WAR (7.9 per year). Poor Angels. Who could have ever predicted that his production would substantially decline in his 30's and that this contract was a horrible idea? Oh wait, EVERYONE.

Mo Vaughn must be the worst on the list, dude had a severe injury the year before. :benson:

Hastradamus saw that Cano trade this offseason and christened it the worst trade ever.... funny thing is its actually much worse than I expected so far. :confused:

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016

As a Braves fan I would appreciate more (bad) predictions from Hastradumus of the other four teams in the NL East since they generally come true. What sort of currency does Hastradumus accept per prediction? I have many rare marbles, a few yo-yo's that date back to the 90's era, some game-worn ******* from various **** stars (that may or may not have been obtained illegally so don't go selling them unless you know a reliable fence...these ******* are hot!) & collectible Alaskan king crab shells....not to be confused with "crabs" but I've got those too if interested, although I'm not sure why you would cuz these little buggers are ferociously itchy.

btw, I came on tonight to shillboost Porcello and his crappy start but I look and he . . . didn't suck tonight! :grouphug:

Hopefully he gets out of the AL East next year and runs far far away!

In the future please withdraw from using the words $hit and Porcello in the same sentence, it brings back bad memories & kicks in the 'ol PTSD (Porcelain Taco $hits Disorder)

It's crazy how much young talent the Mets have and they just got back to .500. the red Sox will likely see the south side of .500 soon enough, then I'll be hearing from multiple boroughs, that will be fun...

Damn, I haven't been paying much attention to the AL East this year and while I knew they weren't doing as good as the previous year, I had no idea they had gotten that bad.

As for the NL East, let the Mets remain cellar dwellers for the next year and trade away that young talent to the Braves

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Andddddddddddddddddd another Mariner bites the dust for PEDS....Bend em like Beckham suspended for injection (in da butt)

Listen guys, I'm not saying you shouldn't do it, just do a better job of not getting caught :oops:

So JVHaste did Hastradumus predict this one too?

Last edited:

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
This got me thinking about the related question of what's the worst contract ever? There's Bobby Bo, who's still getting paid for all I know. There's Mike Hampton with yoooooooour Colorado Rockies. All sorts of stuff like that. But Pujols Angels contract might be the one.

Let's see here...so far it's 181 million for 8 years and a whopping 13.3 WAR (1.6 per year)! Of course his first 10 years with the Cards were an entirely different matter...104 million for 11 years and 86.7 WAR (7.9 per year). Poor Angels. Who could have ever predicted that his production would substantially decline in his 30's and that this contract was a horrible idea? Oh wait, EVERYONE.

Yeah, the Pujols deal was supposed to be bad, but I was shocked that it was this bad. :eek: I guess there are 2 ways of judging bad contracts, how they turned out vs how they were at the time of signing. There are probably some bad pitcher contracts where he blew his arm out right away but I cant count those as worst ever since at the time they made sense...

Maybe a NL deal is the worst ever since they didnt have the flexibility of putting a guy at DH near the back end. . .?

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
And it is now official, Nelson Cruz having one of the best "old guy" seasons in the history of baseball

https://www.mlb.com/news/nelson-cruz-late-career-power-nearly-unmatched-in-history

https://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/2...-war-david-ortiz-barry-bonds-mcgwire-martinez

....immediately after leaving the Mariners. Not that he wasn't good with the Mariners, he was still an All-Star caliber roiding old dude just not the very best roiding old dude. His name can now go down in history with the likes of Mark McGwire, Sammy Sosa and Barry Bonds.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
. What sort of currency does Hastradumus accept per prediction? I have many rare marbles, a few yo-yo's that date back to the 90's era, some game-worn ******* from various **** stars (that may or may not have been obtained illegally so don't go selling them unless you know a reliable fence...these ******* are hot!) & collectible Alaskan king crab shells....not to be confused with "crabs" but I've got those too if interested, although I'm not sure why you would cuz these little buggers are ferociously itchy.

I have enough crabs so I will take inappropriate Japanese pokemon cards as currency.

EuQXDAJ.jpg

Here Grimer is looking at the muffy, which isn't PG.

Last edited:

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
I have enough crabs so I will take inappropriate Japanese pokemon cards as currency.

EuQXDAJ.jpg

Here Grimer is looking at the muffy, which isn't PG.

LOL Grimer is busting a Muk down there

Age of consent in Japan is something like 14 years old so they are full of sexual deviants. Just go play a Japanese RPG on the Switch and you'll know what I mean. They feel obligated to make sure all the sexspot characters are 18 and under and then spice it up with innuendo & sexual references. It just feels...wrong.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
If it weren't for baseball, I would just skip the summer altogether. I know I've changed clothes three times tonight and still feel like I have swamp ass. All the summer lovers can hug a nut. This blows.