User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The issue that finally does me in as a "completist" player collector, 2019 Leaf ITG Used Sports

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still like the "Leafy" designs on most of these cards - at least the ones with pics of the players. Leaf's habit of producing cards with no picture, or just a picture of a jersey, is one of the worst modern card trends.

I agree that overall the prices are surprisingly high. I might pick one up if I can get it for a reasonable price. Still eyeing that one with Iron Mike on it!
    Collecting Roberto Alomar. Over 4000 unique cards, but always looking for those I'm missing!

Featured Contributor
    Bridging the Gap
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This release is definitely not for me, but I'm glad that it may be the catalyst for others to draw the line. Once you say no to a certain product, it is easier to say no to others. I would imagine that Leaf used the jersey pictures because of licensing limitations, though I could be wrong. The design is certainly not bad at all, but yeah - jersey pictures don't do it for me personally. I can certainly see how others wouldn't mind buying them, though.
    Tanner Jones, Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict - Now Available on Amazon!
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME!

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just in the days since I posted this, I have watched a dozen or more of these cards get snapped up quickly with BIN/BO, all overpayments in my opinion. I even let one go that was 6/30. I am one that has paid a premium for the uniform number serial number, but in this case I really didn't care AT ALL! It has allowed me to feel better about buying a couple non Garvey things I might normally not even think about or consider, which is not a trend I plan to keep following. I want to say that I am winding down my buying career and I don't want to open up more opportunity to start buying other stuff that took a back seat to my Garvey sickness. However, just landed a 1973 Pedro Guerrero Topps contract that I think is pretty neat.

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmopar View Post
    Just in the days since I posted this, I have watched a dozen or more of these cards get snapped up quickly with BIN/BO, all overpayments in my opinion. I even let one go that was 6/30. I am one that has paid a premium for the uniform number serial number, but in this case I really didn't care AT ALL! It has allowed me to feel better about buying a couple non Garvey things I might normally not even think about or consider, which is not a trend I plan to keep following. I want to say that I am winding down my buying career and I don't want to open up more opportunity to start buying other stuff that took a back seat to my Garvey sickness. However, just landed a 1973 Pedro Guerrero Topps contract that I think is pretty neat.
    Good for you. Itís crap. I look at it like custom cards: might find a cool one worth picking up but itís still amateur

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    SCREW PHOTOBUCKET
    Jeff Cirillo Spread Sheet ||
    Hall of Unending Gratitude: dazed, magicpapa, uniquebaseballcards, and the vigilant eye of tonsofcommons

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liberating isn't it? There is serious theraputic power in not giving a f*ck.

Quote Originally Posted by mrmopar View Post
    Collecting Roberto Alomar. Over 4000 unique cards, but always looking for those I'm missing!

arturohillo
     arturohillo
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by banjar View Post
    Liberating isn't it? There is serious theraputic power in not giving a f*ck.
    Absolutely. Need to work in this aspect of collecting.
    Edgar Gonzalez Collection: - the 1/1's: 108/111 (97.3%) Have 12 1/1s out of 29
    Jorge Cantu Collection: 487 / 688 (70.78%), 58 1/1s (14 non plates)
    - the 1/1's: 429/443 (96.84%)
    Total Mexican Collection: 4,326
    Mexican autographs: 129/130 and on baseballs 118/130

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah it's been kind of refreshing to not hunt these down. I know my wallet great appreciates it.
    Kirby Puckett Collection: 2148/2990 71.84% (As of 5/13/14)
    Current Most Wanted Kirby Puckett's (As of 2/5/17):
    1. 1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold
    2. 1992 Ace Novelty #307
    3. 2015 Panini Prizm Blue Baseball Retail Parallel
    4. 2016 Donruss 1982 Test Proofs Magenta/10
    5. 2015 Panini Cooperstown Golf

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12