Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

August Autograph Pickups

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aug 3, 2014
What will everyone pick up this month?

Here's an August acquisition. The letter is signed by Christy Mathewson's primary catcher Chief Meyers referencing Matty's 342nd win and written on the same day - May 19, 1914. That victory tied Mathewson for 4th on the all-time wins list with Tim Keefe. Only Cy Young, Pud Galvin, and Kid Nichols were ahead of Matty at that point.

Meyers writes, "In the game today, with the Cincinnati club with Mathewson pitching, I used the Model C.M. Catcher's Mitt, made for me by your firm yesterday.

"In my many years of experience, I have never had a Catchers Mitt that I could use without extensive breaking in.

"The perfect balance, deep pocket, and excellent leather make it The Finest Mitt I have ever caught with."

Meyers has boldly signed the bottom of the letter, "Chief John T. Meyers".

This letter, and many autographs of most Hall of Famers and many important baseball figures can be found on my website, CooperstownExpert.com. Once you're there, search for your favorite player. Every HoFer has a page along with over 250 non-Hall of Fame guys. I hope you enjoy.
Attached Images

Attachments

• Chief-Meyers-letter-e1564934769922-742x1024.jpg
    Chief-Meyers-letter-e1564934769922-742x1024.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 19

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
What will everyone pick up this month?

Here's an August acquisition. The letter is signed by Christy Mathewson's primary catcher Chief Meyers referencing Matty's 342nd win and written on the same day - May 19, 1914. That victory tied Mathewson for 4th on the all-time wins list with Tim Keefe. Only Cy Young, Pud Galvin, and Kid Nichols were ahead of Matty at that point.

Meyers writes, "In the game today, with the Cincinnati club with Mathewson pitching, I used the Model C.M. Catcher's Mitt, made for me by your firm yesterday.

"In my many years of experience, I have never had a Catchers Mitt that I could use without extensive breaking in.

"The perfect balance, deep pocket, and excellent leather make it The Finest Mitt I have ever caught with."

Meyers has boldly signed the bottom of the letter, "Chief John T. Meyers".

This letter, and many autographs of most Hall of Famers and many important baseball figures can be found on my website, CooperstownExpert.com. Once you're there, search for your favorite player. Every HoFer has a page along with over 250 non-Hall of Fame guys. I hope you enjoy.
Attached Images

Thanks for sharing :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts