Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FEDOR

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Re: Fedor

This is the closest to Fedor I have been in person. Can't wait to meet him some day.
fedor3.jpg

G

Does he speak any English Ty? I've only heard his speak through an interperter.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008

Sam Banks said:
Does he speak any English Ty? I've only heard his speak through an interperter.

I've heard him speak some, but I don't think he speaks much. He is a very quiet guy. Also, despite being the baddest man out there, he is the most respectful. I've never heard one word of trash talking out of him. Nothing but class, a true champion and ambassador for the sport.

G

Ty Hope said:
[quote="Sam Banks":vxnvt21h]Does he speak any English Ty? I've only heard his speak through an interperter.

I've heard him speak some, but I don't think he speaks much. He is a very quiet guy. Also, despite being the baddest man out there, he is the most respectful. I've never heard one word of trash talking out of him. Nothing but class, a true champion and ambassador for the sport.[/quote:vxnvt21h]

I've heard nothing bad about him either.

I was watching a highlight reel of him the other day, and seen some dude didn't touch gloves with him after instructions, and thought how bad I felt for the guy.

Then I seen him fighting some Asian dude that was like 3 feet taller than him. Dude was HUGE.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008

Sam Banks said:
[quote="Ty Hope":1o5nq8ag][quote="Sam Banks":1o5nq8ag]Does he speak any English Ty? I've only heard his speak through an interperter.

I've heard him speak some, but I don't think he speaks much. He is a very quiet guy. Also, despite being the baddest man out there, he is the most respectful. I've never heard one word of trash talking out of him. Nothing but class, a true champion and ambassador for the sport.[/quote:1o5nq8ag]

I've heard nothing bad about him either.

I was watching a highlight reel of him the other day, and seen some dude didn't touch gloves with him after instructions, and thought how bad I felt for the guy.

Then I seen him fighting some Asian dude that was like 3 feet taller than him. Dude was HUGE.[/quote:1o5nq8ag]

Yeah, the guy that didn't touch gloves was Naoya Ogawa. He is a pro-wrestler in Japan. Fedor beat him in like 40 seconds.

The tall fighter was Hong Man Choi from Korea. He is a K-1 fighter with a background in Korea sumo. He is like 7'4" or something.

G

1236.jpg

Aug 29, 2008
While I think in MMA, everyone is beatable, Fedor doesn't seem to have any aspect of his game that you could even begin to think of as a weakness. Outside of a "lucky" punch, like the Fujita fight, or some incredible wrestler with absurd sub defense laying on him, I don't see anyone beating him unless he continues to fight until he is old and slows down.

I'd love to see him fight Barnett but I'm not sure if that will ever actually happen. Barnett did come out and say the reason he backed out was strictly business so this fight is a possibility. The prospects at HW right now are so minimal that outside of Barnett, Couture, Andrei and Kharitonov, there really isn't anyone that can challenge him. Maybe Werdum but if Big Nog cant sub Fedor I don't see Werdum being able to.

While I may get flamed for this if someone like Lesnar had started MMA 3 or 4 years ago he'd be someone that has a shot simply because of his freakish size, strength and wrestling ability.

I doubt Silva could beat Fedor and I dont think there is any shot that this happens. I don't see Silva leaving the UFC and I really think the only fight Fedor would ever have in the UFC is with Couture.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
TonyButlerStopSuckin said:
While I think in MMA, everyone is beatable, Fedor doesn't seem to have any aspect of his game that you could even begin to think of as a weakness. Outside of a "lucky" punch, like the Fujita fight, or some incredible wrestler with absurd sub defense laying on him, I don't see anyone beating him unless he continues to fight until he is old and slows down.

I'd love to see him fight Barnett but I'm not sure if that will ever actually happen. Barnett did come out and say the reason he backed out was strictly business so this fight is a possibility. The prospects at HW right now are so minimal that outside of Barnett, Couture, Andrei and Kharitonov, there really isn't anyone that can challenge him. Maybe Werdum but if Big Nog cant sub Fedor I don't see Werdum being able to.

While I may get flamed for this if someone like Lesnar had started MMA 3 or 4 years ago he'd be someone that has a shot simply because of his freakish size, strength and wrestling ability.

I doubt Silva could beat Fedor and I dont think there is any shot that this happens. I don't see Silva leaving the UFC and I really think the only fight Fedor would ever have in the UFC is with Couture.

I agree that a match with Kharitonov could be very interesting. Former friends and teammates that truley hate each other.

Werdum doesn't have the chin that Nog does and I think Fedor would GNP the life out of him.

Aug 29, 2008
Ty Hope said:
I agree that a match with Kharitonov could be very interesting. Former friends and teammates that truley hate each other.

Werdum doesn't have the chin that Nog does and I think Fedor would GNP the life out of him.

Why do they hate each other? I remember hearing that they used to train together and eventually stopped but I never realized their was bad blood. I loev Kharitonov, simply for the fact that he is, or at least used to be a paratrooper, that's a pretty bad ass 2nd job.

Regardless of who he fights I just hope Fedor doesnt have another stretch like the end of 05-07 when he fought Zulu, an over the hill Coleman, a vastly inexperienced Hunt, and undersized Lindland and then Hong-Man. Its a shame he essentially wasted 2 years of his careers fighting guys that really had no shot whatsoever of beating him.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
I'm not sure what led to them not liking each other, but I know they don't.

As far as his recent fights, I agree with you in one way, but you have to realize that most of those were big money fights that drew massive ratings.

Hunt: K-1 champion and a household name in Japan.

Hong-Man: HUGE name in Korea and Japan and marketed very well for New Years.

Coleman: Over the hill, but a name that many American mma fans know and good way to hold what was the first Pride event in the US.

Its all about money. Fedor is no idiot. If he can make a million for fighting an easy fight, I'd do the same. This year though, the bigger fights are coming with the new affiliation with Affliction.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Bornagaincollector said:
Ty,
Was wondering what do think would happen between Nog v/s Barnett? I would be in favor of Nog v/s Fedor again,but it won't happen anytime soon.

Barnett and Nog already fought twice. Both were amazing matches that went the distance. Barnett won the first time, Nog the second. I'd take Barnett in a third.

As for Fedor, Nog is 3 or 4 years older than the last two beatings he took. I don't think he has improved in any aspect enough to make a fight with Fedor interesting. It would go like the last two times, only Fedor might finish it this time. Just my opinions.

Aug 29, 2008
Ty Hope said:
I'm not sure what led to them not liking each other, but I know they don't.

As far as his recent fights, I agree with you in one way, but you have to realize that most of those were big money fights that drew massive ratings.

Hunt: K-1 champion and a household name in Japan.

Hong-Man: HUGE name in Korea and Japan and marketed very well for New Years.

Coleman: Over the hill, but a name that many American mma fans know and good way to hold what was the first Pride event in the US.

Its all about money. Fedor is no idiot. If he can make a million for fighting an easy fight, I'd do the same. This year though, the bigger fights are coming with the new affiliation with Affliction.

This was one of things I dislike about Japanese MMA. Many a times it seems like they are far more concerned about putting together a highly marketable fight rather than an actual good fight. While I understand that money making is the most important aspect to a business its just slightly annoying to see arguable the greatest fighter ever essentially waste 2 years of his prime fighting guys that have no shot at beating him.

By the way, do you know what Mark Hunts future plans are?? After Pride disbanded I heard he signed with a wrestling org. in Japan but more recently I thought I had heard he was still doing K-1 and MMA. Hunt is my favorite fighter of all time. His K-1 fights with Sefo and Le Banner are legendary. Nothing like blocking punches with your face and having them have no affect on you whatsoever.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Hunt fought Semmy Schilt in K-1 this year and was KOed by a kick to the body. Pretty brutal, he had the wind totally knocked out of him. More recently Hunt fought Overeem in mma rules but lost.

Not sure what he has coming up next. Maybe something on NYE.

As far as Japanese mma and their "ratings matches", there were a lot of them, but Pride did give us some of the best matches ever. (I was at Fedor VS Crocop and it was INCREDIBLE). Also, I dont know if you've heard of Shooto and Deep, but they are two organizations that also put on great shows.

G

I didn't know that Jugi Nagata was in MMA.

Thought he was just a pro wrestler.

[youtube:1lx4qgtp]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pp4o1vzQvik[/youtube:1lx4qgtp]

Members online

Latest posts