Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dig Out Your 2014 Bowman Chrome Aristides Aquino Autos - ASAP!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
What was recently a $1-2 Base auto is now selling at almost $300. Each. No joke.

His three HRs tonight (and his killer performance in general since being called up) are pushing his cards into the stratosphere.

So, in the name of all that is holy, LIST YOURS!

(this was languishing in my album for years)

Aquino.jpg

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Great example of why some prospectors (not you guys) are morons, paying $300 for cards of a .248 lifetime hitter over eight freakin’ seasons in the minors because of ten MLB at bats.
Sell before these idiots realize how stupid they are.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I don't know if it's because I've been watching a lot more baseball and dipping back into prospecting this year or this is just a fluke season for so many under the radar guys coming up and going on tears, but I'm seeing a lot of guys like this this year. Beyond Vlad Jr, Tatis Jr, Bichette Jr, and Yordan, you've got guys like Harold Ramirez, Luis Arraez, and Aquino who have a hot streak and they just bring the FOMO out of people who drive crazy pricing for a few weeks.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I don't know if it's because I've been watching a lot more baseball and dipping back into prospecting this year or this is just a fluke season for so many under the radar guys coming up and going on tears, but I'm seeing a lot of guys like this this year. Beyond Vlad Jr, Tatis Jr, Bichette Jr, and Yordan, you've got guys like Harold Ramirez, Luis Arraez, and Aquino who have a hot streak and they just bring the FOMO out of people who drive crazy pricing for a few weeks.

Urshela has been a good off season buy

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Yeah he's another. Thought things have come back down to earth a bit. Quick check on ebay, someone BINned a 2015 BC Orange Ref for $3000 in May, but in July the BGS 9.5 Super finished via auction for $1800. Either way, pretty strong prices for a 27-yo in his first full season.

caster513

Jul 16, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
Picked these up right before the big bump. They are on the way from COMC, hope they dont arrive to late...

2014 Bowman - Prospect Autographs Chrome - Green Refractor #BCAP-AA - Aristides Aquino /75
Courtesy of COMC.com

2014 Bowman - Prospect Autographs - Chrome Bubbles Refractor #BCAP-AA - Aristides Aquino /99
Courtesy of COMC.com

2014 Bowman - Prospect Autographs Chrome #BCAP-AA - Aristides Aquino
Courtesy of COMC.com

2014 Bowman - Prospect Autographs Chrome #BCAP-AA - Aristides Aquino
Courtesy of COMC.com

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
He just hit his 10th HR - in 16 career games.

Un-be-lievable.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
No - they started off at insane levels - almost $300 each, but have settled at around $100-125 per base.

I know he's killing it right now, setting all sorts of random HR records and Reds fans are probably calling him the next Babe Ruth but my only question is.....how long before the majority of baseball fans forget about him? One season? Two?

I mean, does anyone really remember who the fastest to 14 home runs was? Fastest to 77 RBI?

Plus, there is something to be said about small sample sizes....does anyone remember when Eric Thames was on pace to hit 60 home runs?

Better question, does anyone still follow Eric Thames?

Not that I'm complaining, I love it when fans overreact to rookies. One of the things I love about prospecting. I guess I'm just being a smarta$s :cool:

Members online