Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

\\\\\\\\\\*GOOD WEDNSEDAY MORINING*////////// 8/14

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Good morning all. Just found out that Darryl Strawberry will be in a town 54 miles away on Sunday for a Faith Day. I'll be heading that way for our company picnic so I might have to go a little early and see if I could get a ball signed. Only problem is the picnic is at 12 and Faith Day is from 10-2, so I might miss out on a decent opportunity.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
One thing I like about living in a small town is the sense of community. Sunday evening there was a car accident with 5 people being killed. A mom and two daughters from town were 3 of them. Tonight one of the restaurants is donating 100% of the proceeds from taco sales to the family and tomorrow the donut shop is donating 100% of the proceeds of donut sales to the family as well. I was running some errands for work this morning and a family we know was out front having a bake sale. The kids, who are probably middle school aged, wanted to help raise money and baked all day yesterday. I turn around the block to stop and buy some cookies. I was told everything the kids had made were already gone, but other people in town have been dropping off baked goods for the kids to sell as well.

Afternoon at, at work, bleh

Forget the picnic, go see Straw!

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

It's tempting. Only problem is the event is outside for 4 hours and who knows when Strawberry will be there for it.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
And now the jewelry store is doing a raffle for the family, taco John's is donating profits from Monday, the Legion Baseball team and high school softball team are teaming up for a fundraiser on Sunday.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
Afternoon All!

One thing I like about living in a small town is the sense of community. Sunday evening there was a car accident with 5 people being killed. A mom and two daughters from town were 3 of them. Tonight one of the restaurants is donating 100% of the proceeds from taco sales to the family and tomorrow the donut shop is donating 100% of the proceeds of donut sales to the family as well. I was running some errands for work this morning and a family we know was out front having a bake sale. The kids, who are probably middle school aged, wanted to help raise money and baked all day yesterday. I turn around the block to stop and buy some cookies. I was told everything the kids had made were already gone, but other people in town have been dropping off baked goods for the kids to sell as well.
Sorry to hear about the accident. I live in a rural area and the same things happen here when a local family is in need.

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
Is [MENTION=2026]tramers[/MENTION] playing hooky today or is he spending the day laying out in his newly fenced pool?

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
got up at 5:00 am !! Only clock working in bedroom - no lights in bathrooms .Went outside to check breakers and there was a BLACK with WHITE streak on sidewalk STOP __REVERSE ---------- later with daylight basketball still on sidewalk . Check downstairs ONE breaker broke --- go get gloves and breaker = fixed . NO CABLE = call will be Saturday ---NO NO 89 year old MIL in wheelchair TV about all she can do . OH will be there three hours . Replace items TV fixed OOPS forgot NET ---- go get item wait 45 minutes to exchange $#%^&*. Then Daily routine -- just got NET back.

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
got up at 5:00 am !! Only clock working in bedroom - no lights in bathrooms .Went outside to check breakers and there was a BLACK with WHITE streak on sidewalk STOP __REVERSE ---------- later with daylight basketball still on sidewalk . Check downstairs ONE breaker broke --- go get gloves and breaker = fixed . NO CABLE = call will be Saturday ---NO NO 89 year old MIL in wheelchair TV about all she can do . OH will be there three hours . Replace items TV fixed OOPS forgot NET ---- go get item wait 45 minutes to exchange $#%^&*. Then Daily routine -- just got NET back.
Glad you are retired. Sounds like you don't have time to work!

Sent from my SM-J737T using Freedom Card Board mobile app

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
I have a primary care dr. appointment on the 20th. She yells at me when I don't listen to her and make all the other dr appointments for checkups. Well, why didn't make the appointment ? :rolleyes:

Members online