Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

SuperiorSportsInvestments - anyone know them ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gwidow

Nov 26, 2014
Anyone know how to contact SuperiorSportsInvestments ?? I want to talk to them about some cards they have

Appreciated -looking to buy my husband a XMAS gift ;)
Sonj

walt_altmen

Aug 1, 2019
run as fast as you can!

eta: and let me be as perfectly frank as i can be here. your husband has an amazing wife.
it’s cool as hell that you would think about doing something of this magnitude and support his hobby endeavors in this fashion. and if i werent married already, this is where i would be asking you if you had a sister...but heres the gods honest truth here, even us veteran collectors have to stay on our toes here. everyday the swindlers find new ways to cheat, steal and cut corners. literally.

and while we are on the subject of SSI and cutting corners, its alleged that the man (robert block) does just that. just google “ssi robert block trimming” and read for yourself.

again, youre amazing to even want to go down that road with your gesture. but i can see some serious frustrations on both of your parts, especially your husbands when he possibly finds out you were duped into buying an altered card. not saying you would, but why even take that risk.

and not sure what he actually collects and i usually frown upon “gift certificates” as gifts, but in this scenario i would think about doing one from comc.com, bbce, blowout or something of this fashion to support his hobby.

again kudos to you!

Last edited:

walt_altmen

Aug 1, 2019
you may even consider things such as a nice scanner*, displays and/or supplies.

they are ALWAYS needed and appreciated.

* the epson v600 is the go to for most serious card collectors.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Maybe vastly more detail than you have time or interest for, but a thread on the blowout cards forum goes into great detail about SSI's shady practices. So much so that the SSI guy got all huffy and threatened to sue!

https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1276110

However I have bought cards from them before, and may do so in the future if they have something I want and the price isn't outrageous. But their prices are often outrageous. I'm also not interested in any graded cards...but if I was I wouldn't buy from them.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
Yeah, only really after the Pinnacle stuff probably. I need a few Erstad but they're 400-500% more than they likely should be.

Members online

Latest posts