Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My coolest family sports story

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
Ok, not baseball, but I hope this is ok to put here as this is the forum I frequent the most.

My dad has forever told me of the time he met Muhammed Ali on a plane ride and got his autograph. He recognized him at the end of the flight, just after deplaning. He got up the courage to approach him and his 2 hulking body guards. He had a brief moment essentially alone with the legend, where Ali slowly signed his plane ticket, told my dad thanks, and then shuffled off with his bodyguards.

I'm 39 now, but have heard this story since I was a kid. My dad has always lamented losing that plane ticket autograph, believing it must have accidentally been tossed out or misplaced during one of many moves over the years.

Well, my dad retired this year. He's had more time and was recently going through a box of random stuff he'd saved and there it was. The long lost fabled Ali plane ticket had finally been found.

He sent me a picture. It says "To Al from Muhammad Ali Nov 3 86." To the left my dad added the Chicago Ohare airport 11/3/86.

I'm blown away. This awesome story finally has its relic that will hopefully be with us for generations.

Thanks for taking the time to read. I was pretty excited talking to him and had to share.IMG_6170.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Freedom Card Board mobile app