Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Night Crue: September 2019

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh god.

Quote Originally Posted by JVHaste View Post
    Collecting Roberto Alomar. Over 4000 unique cards, but always looking for those I'm missing!

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, last one I promise!

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Cardinals face Leake tomorrow, I think.

Resident Yadier Molina, and Pro Wrestling super fan.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
    The Cardinals face Leake tomorrow, I think.
    I'm trying to think why the DBacks traded for him in the first place... he is kinda bad plus costs about 15mil iirc.

Maybe D2R knows..

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Val Venis (aka Garrit Cole) on the mound tonight making his last start until the playoffs.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if Venis dominates the Mariners tonight then there's a good chance he wins the CY. The super Kyle Bros need to show up big!

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carrot Pole dominates the Mariners, 7IP 14K 0BB 0ER. probably won the AL CY tonight.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So your boy long dong Verlander is out the window now? No Cy for him? He's leading the league in wins, ERA, WAR, WHIP, and innings. Cole has strikeouts, but damn how is JV not the unanimous winner?

Carrot Pole dominates the Mariners, 7IP 14K 0BB 0ER. probably won the AL CY tonight.
    Collecting Roberto Alomar. Over 4000 unique cards, but always looking for those I'm missing!

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by banjar View Post
    So your boy long dong Verlander is out the window now? No Cy for him? He's leading the league in wins, ERA, WAR, WHIP, and innings. Cole has strikeouts, but damn how is JV not the unanimous winner?
    Yeah its going down to the wire between those two. Coming into this start Cole had a lead in FIP which is one of the better stats, plus after tonight he just (barely) inched out Verlander in ERA. I think his manager picking him over JV will play a factor as well, plus Cole is a FA after this year and the media likes the Yankee storylines... so I believe he will win.

That is not to say he is the better pitcher than Mr. Verlander!

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Porcello won a CY over Verlander in a season where JV was clearly better, so in the case of a tie he is in trouble... the relationship with the media is the worst of anyone since Albert Belle I'd say, and it hasn't gotten any better this year with his Blockade!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm. Those are good points. Maybe it will be closer than I think. Also they both have one more start left. If one guy gets shelled maybe that will have an effect.

Porcello won a CY over Verlander in a season where JV was clearly better, so in the case of a tie he is in trouble... the relationship with the media is the worst of anyone since Albert Belle I'd say, and it hasn't gotten any better this year with his Blockade!

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was assuming they both get rested for the playoffs now, but I guess they could play?

It will be interesting, Verlander has the lead in W, IP, H9, WHIP and Cole has the lead in ERA, FIP, ERA+, K, K9, K/W.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I suppose you're right, those guys aren't pitching their last starts. Unless Cole wants to go for #20. We'll see. I think JV will still get it but not as sure as I was.

Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What helps Verlander is that Coles season has been one of the quietest great seasons ever, even some fans who pay attention don't realize the year he's having. What helps Cole is that the writers largely hate Verlander because he can be a loud douche.
    I'd vote Verlander if I had a ballot but it's a thin margin. 300 ks is hard to ignore, even in today's all or nothing game, I won't be surprised if Cole wins.

Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If anyone is paying attention Panini finally released the checklist for National Treasures, it's a nightmare. Wakefield gets a release in a "higher end" product and it's gonna cost me a fortune. He's on one card that's an 8 person abomination booklet, it's a "rivals" cards with 4 Yankees and 4 Sox players. I'll avoid most of the big names that would drive prices sky high but a lot of team collectors will be trouble enough. Cards look nice overall from what I've seen.