User Tag List

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Night Crue: September 2019

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I should have realized earlier when I said HOU manager picked Cole over Verlander is that might be a hint he is picking Cole for G1 of the playoffs. Not sure but that makes sense if he thinks Cole is better to have him go G1/4/7 and Verlander go G2/5. Somehow I assumed all year it would be the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by bstanwood View Post
    If anyone is paying attention Panini finally released the checklist for National Treasures, it's a nightmare. Wakefield gets a release in a "higher end" product and it's gonna cost me a fortune. He's on one card that's an 8 person abomination booklet, it's a "rivals" cards with 4 Yankees and 4 Sox players. I'll avoid most of the big names that would drive prices sky high but a lot of team collectors will be trouble enough. Cards look nice overall from what I've seen.
    Best of luck pulling it then! might be your only chance...

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the record I would pitch Verlander G1 of each series due to previous experience.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd definitely go with JV over Cole for the game 1 start. He has a ton of postseason inning and stats that are as good, if not better than his regular season numbers. Nothing against Cole but he has a much shorter and less impressive postseason track record. Ride your hoss in the playoffs I say.
    Collecting Roberto Alomar. Over 4000 unique cards, but always looking for those I'm missing!

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AJ Hinch must be happy how stacked this team is, their 3rd best pitch Zack Greinke just pitched a nono into the 9th.

Hinch is the first of the Donruss Crusaders to win a WS as manager, and he might also be the second!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well man, I wish you lots of luck chasing that one.

For me, these new releases are just too much and, with a few exceptions, I just don't do them anymore. For Wakefield it might be almost manageable, but for those of use weirdos that collect HOF second basemen whose best rookie is 1988 score traded glossy, well that's a different matter. Maybe you know what I mean?

Quote Originally Posted by bstanwood View Post
    If anyone is paying attention Panini finally released the checklist for National Treasures, it's a nightmare. Wakefield gets a release in a "higher end" product and it's gonna cost me a fortune. He's on one card that's an 8 person abomination booklet, it's a "rivals" cards with 4 Yankees and 4 Sox players. I'll avoid most of the big names that would drive prices sky high but a lot of team collectors will be trouble enough. Cards look nice overall from what I've seen.
    Collecting Roberto Alomar. Over 4000 unique cards, but always looking for those I'm missing!

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking of managers, you know who was a snub to the RC Crusades?

Yes, that's right... a young Aaron Boone.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by banjar View Post
    Well man, I wish you lots of luck chasing that one.

For me, these new releases are just too much and, with a few exceptions, I just don't do them anymore. For Wakefield it might be almost manageable, but for those of use weirdos that collect HOF second basemen whose best rookie is 1988 score traded glossy, well that's a different matter. Maybe you know what I mean?
    You guys will know the day I've ascended to a position of power in the Topps company... there will be some bizarrely unattainable release, such as a Ruth/Gehrig/Alomar/Wakefield quad-auto.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now you're just being mean. Stop being that way. You'll pay for it in the next life.

Quote Originally Posted by JVHaste View Post
    You guys will know the day I've ascended to a position of power in the Topps company... there will be some bizarrely unattainable release, such as a Ruth/Gehrig/Alomar/Wakefield quad-auto.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now you're just being mean. Stop being that way. You'll pay for it in the next life.

It would be especially funny for the non-FCBer who would pull the card. They would at side 1 and see the Ruth/Gehrig autos, suspecting Cobb/Williams on the other side... only to turn it over and see Wakefield/Alomar and be utterly confused.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    notice I haven't said which Alomar it is yet, I might make the card really freaky!!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sandy Alomar Sr....as a manger

notice I haven't said which Alomar it is yet, I might make the card really freaky!!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You had me at Dick, but when I saw his middle name on there I was 9001% convinced even more.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh jeez. I didn't see the middle name.

[MENTION=13789]bstanwood[/MENTION] You need to see this. Dick Cummings Wakefield. If you don't start a new PC right this second, shame on you

You had me at Dick, but when I saw his middle name on there I was 9001% convinced even more.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I did a PC of a guy with that name there's a risk the cards would all stick together.