User Tag List

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Night Crue: September 2019

Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Horrible parents, I understand it was a different time but there's no way that wasn't a widely known joke. Where I grew up there was a mom and pop convenience store and the guys name was Richard Small...how do reasonable people allow that to happen!? Had a garage in the next town, dudes name was Swett...Richard Swett. I just don't understand, it's just like the song I guess, "a boy named sue" had to make them tough.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You didn't by chance grow up in Intercourse Pennsylvania did you? Or Blue Ball Pennsylvania?

I've taken selfies at the welcome-to-town signs in both those towns by the way. Just had to.
    Collecting Roberto Alomar. Over 4000 unique cards, but always looking for those I'm missing!

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Easily the best intersection I've ever been to. I don't think there's a better combo in the country. (but would like to see one if you can think of it)

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got busted in college trying to steal the street signs from the intersection of 69th and Coors
    Collecting Roberto Alomar. Over 4000 unique cards, but always looking for those I'm missing!

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The seemingly always hurt Carlos Correa is done until playoffs due to injury, we have only seen the tip of the iceburg with him... hits FA in 2022 so there's time for him to up his value still.

Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	received_662579627485267.jpeg 
Views:	11 
Size:	125.9 KB 
ID:	93658

Jesus wept...
    A guy I used to work with and still talk to frequently knows a breaker that pulled it. Trying to see what I can do to get my hands on it. Looks much better than I imagined it would.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, that does look kinda nice. I still have never bought a booklet card with Alomar in it. 2019 Panini NT has one with him and Carew....and Rogers Freaking Hornsby. I feel like that one may not be in my price range.

Quote Originally Posted by bstanwood View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	received_662579627485267.jpeg 
Views:	11 
Size:	125.9 KB 
ID:	93658

Jesus wept...
    A guy I used to work with and still talk to frequently knows a breaker that pulled it. Trying to see what I can do to get my hands on it. Looks much better than I imagined it would.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking of people with odd first or last names. If you have a chance, check names on some pre-war baseball player cards.
    I'm Dave ! Dave's not here man.

Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like the German influence with a plethora of guys names heinie. Imagine that today? "Up to bat now is ButtCheeks McGee, he's had a terrible day at the plate, let's see if he can redeem his good name here..."

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This inspired me to look up Dummy Hoy and see what was behind his nickname. Turns out he was deaf, and that's where the name came from. Not because he was an idiot, apparently he was pretty bright. 2048 career hits. Not too shabby.

Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We should make nominations for the "all name team"

On an unrelated note, it's 11:45 on here on the east coast and ive been in line at the Wendy's drive thru for 15 minutes. There's no special event here, it's like this constantly. It's not a new one it's been here for the decade I've lived in this town, I can't explain it. It must be a drug front, there's always a line regardless of time.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bstanwood View Post
    We should make nominations for the "all name team"

On an unrelated note, it's 11:45 on here on the east coast and ive been in line at the Wendy's drive thru for 15 minutes. There's no special event here, it's like this constantly. It's not a new one it's been here for the decade I've lived in this town, I can't explain it. It must be a drug front, there's always a line regardless of time.
    There is a place in my area that "sells" blankets. They are kept out all day even when raining and look like moldy sht. One has a leaf and one is snowfalling. hmm, I wonder what that means.

Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's what I could come up with. My favorites are either Jim Vagenas (I pronounced as vag an ass) or Randy Johnson, not only is Randy Johnson funny on its own merits but the guys can nickname was the big unit, he's a two time winner of a funny name. It's not the funniest but the combo puts him ahead for me.

Pitchers:
    Dick Pole
    Randy Johnson
    Richard Lovelady
    James Richard Harden
    Richard Hand
    Dick Such
    Doug Fister

Catcher:
    Jack Cummings
    Tony Suck
    Charlie Manlove

First:
    Pete La****

Second
    Stubby Clapp
    Duck Hunt

Short:
    Boob Fowler

Third:
    Jim Vagenas
    Butts Wagner

Outfield:
    Rusty Kuntz
    Dick Cummings Wakefield
    Johnny Dickshot
    Pussy Tebeau

Manager:
    Jimmy Wood

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Candy Cummings is one that should be added.... plus, he supposedly invented the curveball.

Theres certainly more I'm just drawing a blank.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dickey Pearce as well