Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Night Crue: September 2019

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
received_662579627485267.jpeg

Jesus wept...
A guy I used to work with and still talk to frequently knows a breaker that pulled it. Trying to see what I can do to get my hands on it. Looks much better than I imagined it would.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Ah, that does look kinda nice. I still have never bought a booklet card with Alomar in it. 2019 Panini NT has one with him and Carew....and Rogers Freaking Hornsby. I feel like that one may not be in my price range.

View attachment 93658

Jesus wept...
A guy I used to work with and still talk to frequently knows a breaker that pulled it. Trying to see what I can do to get my hands on it. Looks much better than I imagined it would.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I really like the German influence with a plethora of guys names heinie. Imagine that today? "Up to bat now is ButtCheeks McGee, he's had a terrible day at the plate, let's see if he can redeem his good name here..."

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
This inspired me to look up Dummy Hoy and see what was behind his nickname. Turns out he was deaf, and that's where the name came from. Not because he was an idiot, apparently he was pretty bright. 2048 career hits. Not too shabby.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
We should make nominations for the "all name team"

On an unrelated note, it's 11:45 on here on the east coast and ive been in line at the Wendy's drive thru for 15 minutes. There's no special event here, it's like this constantly. It's not a new one it's been here for the decade I've lived in this town, I can't explain it. It must be a drug front, there's always a line regardless of time.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA

On an unrelated note, it's 11:45 on here on the east coast and ive been in line at the Wendy's drive thru for 15 minutes. There's no special event here, it's like this constantly. It's not a new one it's been here for the decade I've lived in this town, I can't explain it. It must be a drug front, there's always a line regardless of time.

There is a place in my area that "sells" blankets. They are kept out all day even when raining and look like moldy sht. One has a leaf and one is snowfalling. :rolleyes: hmm, I wonder what that means.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Here's what I could come up with. My favorites are either Jim Vagenas (I pronounced as *** an ass) or Randy Johnson, not only is Randy Johnson funny on its own merits but the guys can nickname was the big unit, he's a two time winner of a funny name. It's not the funniest but the combo puts him ahead for me.

Pitchers:
Dick Pole
Randy Johnson
Richard Lovelady
James Richard Harden
Richard Hand
Dick Such
Doug Fister

Catcher:
Jack Cummings
Tony Suck
Charlie Manlove

First:
Pete La****

Second
Stubby Clapp
Duck Hunt

Short:
Boob Fowler

Third:
Jim Vagenas
Butts Wagner

Outfield:
Rusty Kuntz
Dick Cummings Wakefield
Johnny Dickshot
***** Tebeau

Manager:
Jimmy Wood

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Candy Cummings is one that should be added.... plus, he supposedly invented the curveball.

Theres certainly more I'm just drawing a blank.

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts

They're all out for Wendy's -she's hot and greasy. :eek:

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I just checked another thread and saw...

My wife just passed away a few days ago after dealing with chronic progressive MS for 30 years.

:(
I'm Sorry to hear this Dave. It always sounds like you were a very supportive guy for her. You are certainly in all of NC thoughts and prayers.

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
I just checked another thread and saw...

:(
I'm Sorry to hear this Dave. It always sounds like you were a very supportive guy for her. You are certainly in all of NC thoughts and prayers.

Thank you Barry. I knew I could always count on the great state of NC. And the members here.

Members online