Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Night Crue: September 2019

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Who would you rather have... Cora, Bochy, or Madden?

I don't think Madden would last in Boston, the fans and media would crush him the instant any of his "out of the box" stuff didn't work. I think he's a good manager but Boston would kill him. Bochey is solid, I have nothing bad to say about him but I'd rather stick with Cora. I'd like to see them get him some pitching and see what he can do. I like a lot of the things he does and moves he makes, he just didn't have the horses to run this year.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
harold-you-sick-bastard_o_3793055.jpg

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I don't think Madden would last in Boston, the fans and media would crush him the instant any of his "out of the box" stuff didn't work. I think he's a good manager but Boston would kill him. Bochey is solid, I have nothing bad to say about him but I'd rather stick with Cora. I'd like to see them get him some pitching and see what he can do. I like a lot of the things he does and moves he makes, he just didn't have the horses to run this year.

Yeah I would probably take Cora out of those 3 since the others are up there in age ... I just used those as an example of who might be available, but in terms of who to get overall Id take Dan Wilson or Jason Varitek (or someone who was a solid catcher)

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
if Venis dominates the Mariners tonight then there's a good chance he wins the CY. The super Kyle Bros need to show up big! :grouphug:

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
So your boy long **** Verlander is out the window now? No Cy for him? He's leading the league in wins, ERA, WAR, WHIP, and innings. Cole has strikeouts, but damn how is JV not the unanimous winner?

Carrot Pole dominates the Mariners, 7IP 14K 0BB 0ER. probably won the AL CY tonight.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
So your boy long **** Verlander is out the window now? No Cy for him? He's leading the league in wins, ERA, WAR, WHIP, and innings. Cole has strikeouts, but damn how is JV not the unanimous winner?

Yeah its going down to the wire between those two. Coming into this start Cole had a lead in FIP which is one of the better stats, plus after tonight he just (barely) inched out Verlander in ERA. I think his manager picking him over JV will play a factor as well, plus Cole is a FA after this year and the media likes the Yankee storylines... so I believe he will win.

That is not to say he is the better pitcher than Mr. Verlander! :cool:

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Porcello won a CY over Verlander in a season where JV was clearly better, so in the case of a tie he is in trouble... the relationship with the media is the worst of anyone since Albert Belle I'd say, and it hasn't gotten any better this year with his Blockade! :lol:

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Hmmm. Those are good points. Maybe it will be closer than I think. Also they both have one more start left. If one guy gets shelled maybe that will have an effect.

Porcello won a CY over Verlander in a season where JV was clearly better, so in the case of a tie he is in trouble... the relationship with the media is the worst of anyone since Albert Belle I'd say, and it hasn't gotten any better this year with his Blockade! :lol:

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I was assuming they both get rested for the playoffs now, but I guess they could play?

It will be interesting, Verlander has the lead in W, IP, H9, WHIP and Cole has the lead in ERA, FIP, ERA+, K, K9, K/W.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Yeah I suppose you're right, those guys aren't pitching their last starts. Unless Cole wants to go for #20. We'll see. I think JV will still get it but not as sure as I was.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
What helps Verlander is that Coles season has been one of the quietest great seasons ever, even some fans who pay attention don't realize the year he's having. What helps Cole is that the writers largely hate Verlander because he can be a loud ******.
I'd vote Verlander if I had a ballot but it's a thin margin. 300 ks is hard to ignore, even in today's all or nothing game, I won't be surprised if Cole wins.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
If anyone is paying attention Panini finally released the checklist for National Treasures, it's a nightmare. Wakefield gets a release in a "higher end" product and it's gonna cost me a fortune. He's on one card that's an 8 person abomination booklet, it's a "rivals" cards with 4 Yankees and 4 Sox players. I'll avoid most of the big names that would drive prices sky high but a lot of team collectors will be trouble enough. Cards look nice overall from what I've seen.

Members online