Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Help with 1955 Topps cards — counterfeit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
Hey all, I usually avoid ungraded vintage but found a pretty good deal (potentially) on a Koufax and Clemente. What are the signs of counterfeits? Any help would be appreciated. I will check them out in person before I purchase but I’m clueless here. Here are some photos the seller provided.

1955Front.jpg

1955back.jpg

Last edited:

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Can't help much with counterfeit advice (post on the Net54baseball.com boards for that).

But it looks like those cards were kept in a wallet with the massive creases in the center.
Almost looks like water damage too with all of the surface wrinkling.

The Clemente's corners look nice compared with the extensive damage on the rest of the card.

If they're legit, make sure you're getting an incredible deal since with the paper loss from the heavy creases and writing on the back, the cards would obviously grade no better than a PS1-poor.

Would still be awesome to own Clemente and Koufax rookies, no matter the condition.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
Yeah, condition is rough, but he agreed to $300 for both... which even in PSA1 condition, still is a decent deal.

Members online