Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Finestkind's Night Crew- Oct

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
And Padre players are trying to climb in doggy doors and getting tased?

Like Scream/Scary Movie?

I read that Manny Machado wanted Buck Showalter to coach the Pads. . . doesn't surprise me that he wants his old manager who looked the other way when MM didn't hustle.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Well... the Rays season ends, Cole was dominant yet again. No shame in losing to the Superstros. :ugeek:

Somehow this pantysniffer hit a dinger off Cole. :shock:

c947bc68_mlbam.jpg

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
WWE news, Brock Lesnar vs Cain Velasquez with Yadier Molina the special guest referee. . . who is watching? :lol:

cainvelasquez.png

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
btw, that episode of South Park is one of my favorites... the simpler concepts really turn out better for them.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I hope all of you are having fun with the MLB playoffs, but after reading the data from yesterday a second time I am done. One thing more annoying than all else in games is changing the fundamentals mid contest.

Headin out californy way looking for some internet...

publicbuildings-internet-refugee-camp.png

I see my little green tent to the right, surprised that's the only one! :)

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
At this point, I think we can say there's something going on with Kershaw in the playoffs. I've read articles trying to explain his performance game-by-game and making it seem like he's the same guy, but I'm calling BS on that.

Regular season: 2274 innings, 169-74, 2.44 ERA.
Playoffs: 158 innings, 9-11, 4.43 ERA.

A friend of mine, who knows more about baseball than most people, holds the following argument as absolute gospel - that there's no such thing as "clutch" in baseball. His reasoning is that if somebody keeps coming up big in big situations, that implies that they're dogging it during regular games. But that ignores the basic fact that pressure changes things. Baseball is as much a mental game as any sport on earth, and pressure matters. Some people have the ability to raise their game when the stakes are high, and some go the opposite way. As great as Kershaw is, there is something in his head that keeps him from performing at his best in the postseason. End of story. I really hope someday he just shreds his way through the postseason and gets a title, but time is running out.

Kershaw flops in the playoffs AGAIN!?!!?! :eek:

You'd think by the law of averages that eventually this guy would pitch like a half decent starter at some point, but the ERA just keeps going up.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I’ve never seen a baseball team play as bad as this Cardinals team has in the NLCS......and St. Louis has been swept TWICE in the World Series since 2004.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Haha. He looks more like a hipster extra from Big Bang Theory to me. Who, I suppose, could also have weird laundry habits.

:lol:

Idk, somehow looking at that guys face makes me think sniffing in the dirty bin is a hobby of his. :confused:

call it a "Hasteradamus Hunch" (we need a Tanner card that has that as a theme btw)

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
At this point, I think we can say there's something going on with Kershaw in the playoffs. I've read articles trying to explain his performance game-by-game and making it seem like he's the same guy, but I'm calling BS on that.

Regular season: 2274 innings, 169-74, 2.44 ERA.
Playoffs: 158 innings, 9-11, 4.43 ERA.

A friend of mine, who knows more about baseball than most people, holds the following argument as absolute gospel - that there's no such thing as "clutch" in baseball. His reasoning is that if somebody keeps coming up big in big situations, that implies that they're dogging it during regular games. But that ignores the basic fact that pressure changes things. Baseball is as much a mental game as any sport on earth, and pressure matters. Some people have the ability to raise their game when the stakes are high, and some go the opposite way. As great as Kershaw is, there is something in his head that keeps him from performing at his best in the postseason. End of story. I really hope someday he just shreds his way through the postseason and gets a title, but time is running out.

Yeah, and it tends to get more confusing as time goes on. For a while you could say that his arm was tired at that time of year, but then there was the season where he missed a bunch and his innings going into the playoffs was super low. . .

There must be a major mental factor, I can relate as in chess I've beaten probably 7-8 Masters when they didn't say their ranking, but only 1 Master when I knew they were a Master rated player.... its the same game, but I make it harder in my mind when I know there's fewer room for error. Kersh probably does the same thing but only he knows for sure.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
The mental part is definitely massive. For most of us there are many times in a given week when we need to perform and bring our A game. And I guess most of us probably do alright. Maybe we don't hit home runs every time, but we definitely don't just freak out and start flailing. But when there are real stakes and consequences to what we're doing, it's a different thing.

I've never been pitching in the postseason, but I can point to any number of situations when I really needed to bring it, and if I didn't the result would not have been good. And I remember instances when I couldn't get my head right, or was too nervous, or too worried about what would be said after-the-fact rather than worrying about executing the task at hand. In those cases things generally didn't go that well. In contrast when I'm calm, prepared, and in charge of myself, things always go better, without exception.

I'm convinced that Kershaw has something in his head when he's on the mound in October, and it turns him from Sandy Koufax into Mike Morgan. I wish he could figure out a way to get over it.