Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Finestkind's Night Crew- Oct

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
I always get teenagers with little or no costumes on. I just told them to get lost. Now I don't even turn the porch lights on. It used to be fun when parents came around with the little kids and babies all dressed up.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I always get teenagers with little or no costumes on. I just told them to get lost. Now I don't even turn the porch lights on. It used to be fun when parents came around with the little kids and babies all dressed up.

Yeah, it was good when little kids had a lot of fun putting work into their costume. I haven't seen anyone in years... I hear more and more people do trick-or-treating at box stores?? That sounds kind of boring. Maybe its a convenience thing.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
I'm heading to my brother's house in Wyoming and will go trick or treating with my niece and nephew. They get a decent number of kids going around their neighborhood and it's always fun. Probably will be cold as sh*t but we'll go anyway. And the day before halloween is my 45th birthday, so there's that too.

Anyone doing something fun for Halloween? I just realized it is coming up, somehow I was thinking it was Sept. :confused: Been pretty sick the last few days.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
We get a decent amount of trick or treating in my neighborhood but lots of schools and towns all set up "trunk or treat" where the PTA of whoever gets parents to basically line up cars like houses and kids just loop around a parking lot and call it a day. They think it's safer, I think it's stupid, but it seems to be very popular around here

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I'm heading to my brother's house in Wyoming and will go trick or treating with my niece and nephew. They get a decent number of kids going around their neighborhood and it's always fun. Probably will be cold as sh*t but we'll go anyway. And the day before halloween is my 45th birthday, so there's that too.

Have a happy birthday. :grouphug: Are you buying yourself and card presents?

Yeah its a bad flu this season, but I am finally on the upswing... the only worse one I can remember is around 2013 when I had a fever over 105.5 and people were dying.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
We get a decent amount of trick or treating in my neighborhood but lots of schools and towns all set up "trunk or treat" where the PTA of whoever gets parents to basically line up cars like houses and kids just loop around a parking lot and call it a day. They think it's safer, I think it's stupid, but it seems to be very popular around here

Yeah I agree with you, that sounds a bit boring...plus it can only be safe for so long, until all the pervs realize the kids are centered in one small area. :confused:

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Its strange how things work sometimes. I've been calling Gerrit Cole Val Venis, and now 2 model/***** show him their boobs at the WS. :p Is he turning into the real Val Venis??

val-venis.jpg

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Wow, that is laaaaame. I just don't believe that trick or treating the usual way is so dangerous that something like this is required. It seems more likely to me that protectiveness of modern parents is over the top. Maybe if I had kids I'd feel differently, but I doubt it. Yeesh.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Hey bud, yeah, it has been awhile. Got these 2 Thome dupes in today:

1991 Bowman #68 (45th)
2005 Topps Gold #25 (15th)

How about you?

You know your collection is awesome when the maildays become mostly dupes. :cool:

I haven't collected any cards in a while, I've been collecting other things but can't say too much since there is a lurker problem here. (where they buy your interests and hold hostage)

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Gerrit F'n Cole. :cool: This is the best part of the whole season for me. 5 minutes after your team loses you get into the Boras hat. amazing. :lol:

Screen-Shot-2019-10-31-at-120158-PM-96ede042c56ae6d10f44cd464df68271.jpg

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Kind of a dink move, his teammates have bigger problems but I would have said something, thats just crappy.

:lol:

Boras logo should be "MT" standing for Mystery Team because we all know how important that is to Scott. :rolleyes: Perhaps the MT could overlap like the Yankees logo, idk.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
so...did anyone get trick-or-treaters? I don't eat candy and didn't expect anyone to come but I had a can of tuna ready if they came.... but yet again they didn't. :confused:

Members online